Bootlooped Razr With Dead Battery. How to charge battery

azdrifter

Reaction score
Here's a video on how to pull the back off your RaZR and charge the battery when your phone is bootlooped and can't charge because the software does not recognize the phone.[video=youtube;qs2t-7ALT7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs2t-7ALT7U&context=C4011c8dADvjVQa1PpcFOiRI14blxe_TgLI pr3b06OUCl6XjHYH4Q=[/video]

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here's a video on how to pull the back off your RaZR and charge the battery when your phone is bootlooped and can't charge because the software does not recognize the phone.[video=youtube;qs2t-7ALT7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs2t-7ALT7U&context=C4011c8dADvjVQa1PpcFOiRI14blxe_TgLI pr3b06OUCl6XjHYH4Q=[/video]

I came across a unique technique that actually works, posted by another member.

1. Press and hold vol down and power, when the screen flickers, release buttons and quickly press all 3 side buttons (power, vol up, vol down)

2. Plug in the wall charger (not usb)

3. Use vol down to highlight the SBF Flash Option

4. Use vol up to select it

5. Press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds then release.

Now the phone should power down completely after a couple seconds and begin charging (you should see the battery charging icon). If it doesn't work the first time just keep trying, took me a couple tries before it started charging but it worked. It also helps to boot into the stock recovery and do a factory reset first. It works though.

I verified this works!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here's another method as well;

This works with the wall charger only!!!!!

Shut off the phone (get into fastboot and just hit the power button to shutdown).

While holding down the + and - volume buttons, plug in wall charger.

Scroll down with the volume - button to bp tools and then push volume +.

The phone will show the motorola logo and then show the battery image filling up as it charges.

Wait awhile for it to charge up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

OP
azdrifter

azdrifter

Reaction score
Here's another method as well;

This works with the wall charger only!!!!!

Shut off the phone (get into fastboot and just hit the power button to shutdown).

While holding down the + and - volume buttons, plug in wall charger.

Scroll down with the volume - button to bp tools and then push volume +.

The phone will show the motorola logo and then show the battery image filling up as it charges.

Wait awhile for it to charge up.

We tried those methods but for some reason we couldn't make them work, I think because we discharged the battery so low that it would shut down seconds after it would start to boot. That's why we decided to pull the back off and direct charge the battery. After all that was the purpose because we had been discussing what would happen if you bootlooped a completely dead battery. After an hour of charging it charged so we were able to reflash with RSD and reflash all a success :biggrin:

aiamuzz

Reaction score
We tried those methods but for some reason we couldn't make them work, I think because we discharged the battery so low that it would shut down seconds after it would start to boot. That's why we decided to pull the back off and direct charge the battery. After all that was the purpose because we had been discussing what would happen if you bootlooped a completely dead battery. After an hour of charging it charged so we were able to reflash with RSD and reflash all a success :biggrin:

Hi,
Can somebody please tell me how to direct charge a battery ?
My Droid Pro Battery ran out on me yesterday while i was busy setting up my tablet :(
thanks,

OP
azdrifter

azdrifter

Reaction score
Hi,
Can somebody please tell me how to direct charge a battery ?
My Droid Pro Battery ran out on me yesterday while i was busy setting up my tablet :(
thanks,

If you can remove the battery from the phone your best bet would be to find someone else who has the same phone and use it to charge your battery,If you don't have that luxury you might want to go to your local VZW store and buy one of their battery packs that plugs into your micro usb port and it will quick charge your phones battery. What I don't understand is unless you were in a bootloop the software on your phone should recognize the battery and just plugging it in should restart the charging process. I hope that it's just a simple battery drainage problem if that's not the case try the process we used with the Razr dead battery charge you will have to sacrifice a USB cable but it will charge your battery the video is in the OP of this thread.