bootloader screen

new2this

Reaction score
I have tried to find throughout your forum an answer to the following problem:

Wife's phone took a dive and now after about 2 weeks of drying time it comes up with a screen that says Bootloader
2C.7C (originally said 2C.6C until today).

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I would think the next thing I would need is an original verizon program to load via usb cable and things should work after that right? I have seen various posts mentioning 'flashing' and see that it is to take it back to factory presets. Anyone have a reference to step by steps to get me from here to there? I am computer literate, but very new to any type of programming on smartphones. Just a bit of direction would be greatly appreciated, and if I missed them somewhere else I apologize in advance.

I am on a motorola droid 1 and it has updated to 2.1

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

You need to flash a stock SBF file if you want to keep it stock or flash SPRecovery and then load a custom ROM.

Need instructions?

OP
N

new2this

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply and for the welcome sign. I hope to become an advanced user to this forum and perhaps try any and most of the things you guys are doing. I will introduce myself at a later time I hope.

Oh and yes.complete step by steps would be great If you don't mind, I am completely lost when it comes to anything to do with the android phones. I got my first android in July.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
N

new2this

Reaction score
Thank you again for the quick response. I am reading the details at this point and will let you know how I managed. Have a great day.

OP
N

new2this

Reaction score
HA! I accidently hit the wrong download button on the megaupload site and got some sort of 'system tools' spyware loaded to my computer and am just now getting the thing restored to not have it on. Man what a pain that was! anyway I will try again tomorrow if I can and see what happens. Thanks again.