Bootloader/Debug/Programming mode with LG charger

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on some apps for the android platform, specifically the moto droid. I know the normal way of getting into device mode. But when I plug in with my LG incite data cable it auto goes into it no matter what. Wich that in itself isnt too big of a deal I guess. But then It asks once again for the omap drivers.

I am going to take a very close look at this later this week and see about some kind of back door/root access.

ajm144k

Reaction score
theres a group of devs working towards rooting at AllDroid. maybe you could describe what you have here to them.

hakeem

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on some apps for the android platform, specifically the moto droid. I know the normal way of getting into device mode. But when I plug in with my LG incite data cable it auto goes into it no matter what. Wich that in itself isnt too big of a deal I guess. But then It asks once again for the omap drivers.

I am going to take a very close look at this later this week and see about some kind of back door/root access.

What do you mean 'device mode' exactly? What do you see on your phones screen when you are plugging in the LG cable?

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its the same screen as holding volume power. Bootloader.

hakeem

Reaction score
Its the same screen as holding volume power. Bootloader.

So if you have the LG cable plugged in while you turn on the phone, it automatically goes into the bootloader?

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nothing, just charges as normal.

hakeem

Reaction score
Nothing, just charges as normal.

Assuming you are in Windows, you don't see anything unusual for the phone listed in the device manager do you? By some miracle has it shown up under Serial/COM ports?

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I havent checked that yet.

Stand by

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OK heres what I have. I haven't checked this vs. using a regular droid plug and looking at device manager but it may be the same. Check and let me know. If not I will look into it further and try to gain some access.

driver:

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 433
OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Heres the details: