Bootanimation: DroidX eye Teaser (Landscape)

doomedromance

Reaction score
Boot animation from the Droid X teaser video. Screen caps taken from the HQ video.
[video=youtube;Bpu8G9DMrIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpu8G9DMrIU"]YouTube - droXbootv12.mpg[/video]

Download:
MegaUpload realized it didn't have to be pngs like the moto boot. Converted to jpeg. Better quality and way smaller file size. Kept smaller images. Just doesn't run smooth with larger ones.
v1.4 2.08MB

UPDATE: 07/29/10
Finally had time to work on it. By popular demand I have have done it with the Droid X eye instead of the Droid eye. But the png files from the Droid X boot are weird. I couldn't save as jpeg so I had to do stupid things to get it right. Also resizing the pic greatly decreased the quality, as you'll be able to tell once it gets to the eye. If I have time later I'll try and work on getting it to stay better quality. I had to decrease the image size in order to make it have a useable framerate. the 480x480 from the X is just too big to run smoothly, at least on my droid, I'm assuming it would be the same on others.

(File must be renamed from XeyeTeaser.zip to bootanimation.zip)

MegaUpload
File description: XeyeTeaser v0.1.3
File size: 4.47 MB

Install:
Use root explorer to replace the bootanimation.zip in /system/media
**BACK UP your stock bootanimation.zip first!!**

Bugless Beast Install:
put the bootanimation.zip on the root of sdcard then run Pete's switchboot script in terminal emulator.

if you have any questions for me please come here. I don't frequent these forums but I wanted to share it.

Last edited:

Pathos

Reaction score
Cool boot animation. The jpeg version worked on my droid dancedroid.

czonin

Reaction score
Would you be able to make a 2nd version with the Droid X eye at the end instead of the old eye?

OP
D

doomedromance

Reaction score
I was thinking about it. I don't know if I can do a good one with the X eye. I might play around with it later, and if I do I'll post it here. I have some things I need to take care of in life first.

czonin

Reaction score
Arite sounds good thanks. If you can't, would there be anyone else thats able to do it?

OP
D

doomedromance

Reaction score
Finally had time to work on it. By popular demand I have have done it with the Droid X eye instead of the Droid eye. But the png files from the Droid X boot are weird. I couldn't save as jpeg so I had to do stupid things to get it right. Also resizing the pic greatly decreased the quality, as you'll be able to tell once it gets to the eye. If I have time later I'll try and work on getting it to stay better quality. I had to decrease the image size in order to make it have a useable framerate. the 480x480 from the X is just too big to run smoothly, at least on my droid, I'm assuming it would be the same on others.

(File must be renamed from XeyeTeaser.zip to bootanimation.zip)
MegaUpload
File description: XeyeTeaser v0.1.3
File size: 4.47 MB

czonin

Reaction score
Nice job on the Droid X one! Got another request though lol, would you be able to make another with the new Droid 2 Eye?

davidjr621

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
sure, what the hell....LOL!

czonin

Reaction score
Just tried it and it wasn't full screen, and the Droid 2 eye wasn't landscape. Anyway you can fix it?

davidjr621

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sure Sure. No Problem. ill have it to you by tomorrow