[Bootanimation] Blue Droid shatter + Blue Droid X eye

mskks64

Reaction score
I'll look into it after I do the red one. I just didn't have any time to work on it this weekend...i was doing yard work in 100+ degree weather all weekend lon1g.

HA it's been 100+ everyday for 2 weeks minimum

OP
Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Just wanted to update you guys. I have the red almost done, just having a few issues. Namely, the file is twice as big as the all blue one and causes the animation to bog down right where the newly resized files are. It's weird, they are indexed just like the others were and I even ran them through optiPNG, but they are still twice as big.

I'm open to suggestions and I will continue to see if I can figure it out.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
download vso image resizer and drop them down to 90% quality, won't notice the difference in picture quality, but you will in the file size.

OP
Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Ok, got it figured out. I tried the VSO app, but it did NOT work. In fact, it made the images 30% larger no matter what settings I chose.

However, I was able to find RIOT (Radical Image Optimization Tool) and it worked great! I highly recommend this tool! (it's a nice GUI over OptiPNG and another tool, but it had the threshhold setting I was looking for)

Anyway, the All Red Droid Shatter + DroidX boot animation is now up on the first post.

OP
Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
MAN! THE RED ONE KICKS ASS!! Thanks for all your hard work!!

You're welcome, enjoy!

I will try to work on the purple one next, but I have a request:

One of the Android forums (this one, xda, alldroid, etc etc) had a post with all different colors of the Droid x eye, but I cannot for the life of me find it. Could someone help me find it?

Perhaps if Stetsonaw comes back in, he can let me know where he got the blue eye, that may help.

Last edited:

mskks64

Reaction score
Hey don't worry about the purple:D ill just convert to a blue or red rom :D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I keep getting "Download unsuccessful" on the red one..

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have been looking for this one!! i remember it from a rom i had a couple weeks ago, and when i switched roms i couldn't remember where it was - arghhh, been driving me nuts trying to find it again!! thanks to you and Cuttalott! (glad it popped up on Active Topics...)

Last edited: