[Bootanimation] Blue Droid shatter + Blue Droid X eye

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man this is awesome! It really fits my phone since I was already using the blue Droid X LWP! That and the plastic case I have for my phone is blue. Hey what can I say I live in KY and love my Cats ;)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Since I am new to the whole rooted phone thing I have a question. If I ever wanted to go back to my old boot animation the best thing to do would be to just rename it to something different, and leave it in the folder correct? Now if this looks as good as I think it will on my phone I will never go back to the old one. Just CYA I guess.

Yep, you could do that, or just copy it to your SD card. That's what I do, I have a folder for all the crap that I put back into a ROM once I update (which happens a LOT lol)

What you might want to consider, from a space standpoint, is creating a folder on your PC, labeled, say, "Boot Animations", and storing the various cool animations there. You can label them anything you like ("Exploding Droid, in red", for example) as long as you change them to bootanimation.zip when you're actually going to use one of them. Saves space on the phone by using the much bigger PC hard drive for storage.

-Mike

OP
Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Since I am new to the whole rooted phone thing I have a question. If I ever wanted to go back to my old boot animation the best thing to do would be to just rename it to something different, and leave it in the folder correct? Now if this looks as good as I think it will on my phone I will never go back to the old one. Just CYA I guess.

Yep, you could do that, or just copy it to your SD card. That's what I do, I have a folder for all the crap that I put back into a ROM once I update (which happens a LOT lol)

What you might want to consider, from a space standpoint, is creating a folder on your PC, labeled, say, "Boot Animations", and storing the various cool animations there. You can label them anything you like ("Exploding Droid, in red", for example) as long as you change them to bootanimation.zip when you're actually going to use one of them. Saves space on the phone by using the much bigger PC hard drive for storage.

-Mike

I actually have both :D

It pays to have redundant backups! Next step is to upload everything to a cloud lol so I can access then from anywhere.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

-Mike

It pays to have redundant backups! Next step is to upload everything to a cloud lol so I can access then from anywhere.

Yeah, I'm a packrat too. Got folders and files EVERYWHERE on my PC. What was that old expression - "A clean desk(top) is the sign of a sick mind"? They were talking about ME! :icon_ lala:

-Mike

OP
Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57

Reaction score

-Mike

Yeah, I'm a packrat too. Got folders and files EVERYWHERE on my PC. What was that old expression - "A clean desk(top) is the sign of a sick mind"? They were talking about ME! :icon_ lala:

-Mike

Exactly! And I am spread across 3 computers....:icon_eek:

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

-Mike

dropbox.com. it rocks. have it on both home computers, hidden on a work computer :D and on my droid.

OP
Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57

Reaction score

-Mike

dropbox.com. it rocks. have it on both home computers, hidden on a work computer :D and on my droid.

Nice. Dunno if I want to spend $10 a month though, as I most likely use more than 2gb :D

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
iirc he's working on a red one atm. just a note, not bashing (he did what i did to make my version). Somebody else made the original droid does animation, which was red. then somebody (me) took that animation and put a blue droidX eye at the end of it. then somebody turned the droiddoes part blue, then CoolSaber57 combined the blue droid does with the blue droid x eye.

what he's doing now is taking the original red droidX and putting a red droidX eye at the end of it. nobody has done purple yet, and i don't know if he's going to want to go into each image and change the hue (especially after individually resizing the canvas for the droidX eye, i wanted to chop my fingers off after doing so when i made the DD/Blue Eye).

mskks64

Reaction score
I understand i just think it would be great and it could definately go with other pruple themes

keshavcharya

Reaction score
This could be a stupid question, but will this technique work with the newly released Droid X? Or would you not recommend that, for screwing up the boot screen and messing the phone up? Any suggestions?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
not sure, would be something that i would suggest throwing up in the support forum, unless you're feeling risky. best bet, since it has been rooted, root your X, use Root Manager to pull the bootanimation.zip out of the system/media folder and compare the files, if the text file matches up, then you should be good. but that's just a guess. i'd ask in there to be sure, don't take my word for it.

OP
Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
iirc he's working on a red one atm. just a note, not bashing (he did what i did to make my version). Somebody else made the original droid does animation, which was red. then somebody (me) took that animation and put a blue droidX eye at the end of it. then somebody turned the droiddoes part blue, then CoolSaber57 combined the blue droid does with the blue droid x eye.

what he's doing now is taking the original red droidX and putting a red droidX eye at the end of it. nobody has done purple yet, and i don't know if he's going to want to go into each image and change the hue (especially after individually resizing the canvas for the droidX eye, i wanted to chop my fingers off after doing so when i made the DD/Blue Eye).

Almost correct, I was the one to turn the droid does animation blue. :D

I understand i just think it would be great and it could definately go with other pruple themes

I'll look into it after I do the red one. I just didn't have any time to work on it this weekend...i was doing yard work in 100+ degree weather all weekend long.

jokeefe10

Reaction score
i'm new to the rooting scene, just try it and it works great! thanks!!

Manigma77

Reaction score
subscribing to the thread, Waiting on the RED one!! dancedroid