boot loop! can't reboot stock revoery

Glever

Reaction score
I upgraded to liberty gb.08 and have been on liberty for over 6 months now with no issues. When I upgraded from .07 i did perform a wipe on the device. Everything was working until i rebooted today. The only changes I have made to my device are the following, i installed MaaS360 and Touchdown for 2.x. If you don't know what MaaS360 is its a application that allows Android and iOS devices to be managed by IT administrators (like myself). I didn't have any issues until i rebooted. This is what my phone is doing now.
It will boot up with the yellow circle with the fist in the middle and then proceed with the liberty boot animation. After a minute or two the phone will do a quick vibrate then a moment later the animated liberty will halt for a moment then go black for a second and continue the animated liberty boot until it repeats.
If i try to go into stock recovery by holding the power and home button down it first shows the Yellow Icon with the fist then it goes blank for a few seconds and continues until i let go then it goes through the normal boot process. So i'm not sure how to proceed here and i only had a 60% charge when this happens so i figured i'd stop messing and go to the experts here before i drain my charge.
Thanks in advance! :D

OP
G

Glever

Reaction score
I upgraded to liberty gb.08 and have been on liberty for over 6 months now with no issues. When I upgraded from .07 i did perform a wipe on the device. Everything was working until i rebooted today. The only changes I have made to my device are the following, i installed MaaS360 and Touchdown for 2.x. If you don't know what MaaS360 is its a application that allows Android and iOS devices to be managed by IT administrators (like myself). I didn't have any issues until i rebooted. This is what my phone is doing now.
It will boot up with the yellow circle with the fist in the middle and then proceed with the liberty boot animation. After a minute or two the phone will do a quick vibrate then a moment later the animated liberty will halt for a moment then go black for a second and continue the animated liberty boot until it repeats.
If i try to go into stock recovery by holding the power and home button down it first shows the Yellow Icon with the fist then it goes blank for a few seconds and continues until i let go then it goes through the normal boot process. So i'm not sure how to proceed here and i only had a 60% charge when this happens so i figured i'd stop messing and go to the experts here before i drain my charge.
Thanks in advance! :D

little update i was feeling dumb so i tried to get into recovery again and i was able to boot into CW by hitting the home and search button randomly with the power button and i cleared cache with no avail. I tried to get back into CW with no success... is CW just supposed to show up by pressing down power button and home at the same time, or did i just get lucky? lol

cancerousbull

Reaction score
try pulling the battery well your phone is pluged into the charger. this should get you back into clockwork.

OP
G

Glever

Reaction score
have any luck?

ummm kinda, i can get into CW, i tried to clear data/cache. no dice, so i tried to clear again and restore a liberty v2 i had nandroid of and didn't work. Think i'm going to flash the SFB, i can do that from CW right?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. SBF is done from rsd lite on your pc. Dl :
Rsd lite 4.9
FULL sbf file
Latest motorola drivers
http://www.multiupload.com/NSMSBKJF2W
Here is the dx sbf file

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

Last edited:

mtbhk44

Reaction score
Wipe data and cache and you will break the boot loop cycle

OP
G

Glever

Reaction score
okay i was able to get it working about by SFB thanks!