[boot animation] droid does plasma

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome work, probably the best boot ani I've used so far. Take requests? I'd like to have a copy minus the "does".
I can do that. I'll post the alternate version maybe later tonight/early tomorrow.

looks really fun, only problem is CM 5.0.7.1 only has like 6 or 7 mb free in /system, any suggestions on things i can remove from system or a way to slim down the size on this a little?

edit: i'm probably going back to BB anyway now that 1.1 is out until 2.2 so probably doesnt matter, but it is still kinda big
You can put it in /data/local
Should be more available room in there.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's frickin' incredible Bro!... Like this version a lot more than your original version of the plasma concept.... thanks for such great bootanimations...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but what is the best way to install this? This is a freakin awesome BA!

63. Download Root Explorer from the Market.

64. Download the Boot Animation that you want to replace the OEM red eye Droid animation.

65. Make sure it is named "bootanimation.zip" without the quotes and mount your phone and put the zip on your SD card.

66. Open up Root Explorer. Navigate to your SD card where the file is, and long press > move.

67. Navigate to data/local folder (not on your SD card, on your actual phone). You should have a "..." and a "tmp" folder. Paste/move the file to this location. Reboot.

this is not me it is taken out of matth3w thread
tag.png

Last edited:

Thach

Reaction score
Stupid question but what is the best way to install this? This is a freakin awesome BA!

63. Download Root Explorer from the Market.

64. Download the Boot Animation that you want to replace the OEM red eye Droid animation.

65. Make sure it is named "bootanimation.zip" without the quotes and mount your phone and put the zip on your SD card.

66. Open up Root Explorer. Navigate to your SD card where the file is, and long press > move.

67. Navigate to data/local folder (not on your SD card, on your actual phone). You should have a "..." and a "tmp" folder. Paste/move the file to this location. Reboot.

this is not me it is taken out of matth3w thread
tag.png

You know I had to slap myself in the head for not knowing this. I had done this procedure once already when I used another BA that someone had made and for some reason never thought about going that route again. Thanks for the information and reminder.

Thach

Reaction score
Well I finally got it installed and working and it is beautiful. I have rebooted my phone at least 5 times now just to see it again. The things that people on this site are just amazing. Keep up the great work.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOVE this boot animation, looks and runs GREAT!!!
I do have one small request though, any way to get a blue version, understandable if it's too much time. But loving it in red nonetheless (just have everything else themed around blue). Thanks for all the work and time.

kevdog

Reaction score
Great improvement -- Really nice -- I'd be happy with the Droid without the does, but none-the-less I put it on my phone.