Boombox/Speakers Needed

sheriffwoody

Reaction score
I have the Motorola EQ5, they do a nice job up close but not far away. Bluetooth works great, and the rechargable battery (same plug as Droid) is a great idea.

Im looking for a small boombox or portable 'ipod' type speaker system with good bass... Options for small boomboxes with aux input are quite limited.

Anyone do a mod on a cool ipod type device to attach a microusb to it to charge the droid while playing???

I was thinking of getting a small cheap boombox with an aux input and USB input. I would then tap into the USB input (or ipod input) and steal the 5v needed from the USB or ipod plug to charge the droid and run a Black Berry Gateway (blutooth input) and double side tape the BB Gateway to the side of the boombox. This way I would not have to plug in the 3.5mm input to the boombox, and just do it blutooth to the boombox, and then all I would have to do is just plug in the USB to the droid to charge it if needed...

What are your thoughts on this?
Has anyone ever hacked into a ipod speaker sys and done this??

fountainhead

Reaction score
I use an old set of computer speakers that I wasn't using anymore. These had the speakers and the sub woofer. Plugs right in to the headphone jack and sounds great. You can also buy them pretty cheap at the superstores. No need for proprietary docking stations.:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Theres no built for droid docking station type thing because the droid doesn't use some stupid plug no one else does. A majority of the ipod boom boxes have an aux in 3.5 mm headphone jack, that would be your best bet.