Body Glove Holster (Warning!)

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Just an FYI. I headed into Best Buy last night to check out any respectable holster to wear on your hip with the DROID. The only one my Best Buy had was from Body Glove.

I asked the sales associate to open it and let me check it out before i bought it. The cost was $24.99.

Anyway, he pulled out a brand new DROID they've been playing with and attempted to install it. It was an extremely tight casing and it actually fractured the side of the DROID where the camera button is.

All I can say is THANK YOU for not trying that on my phone first!

For any of you looking for a holster, be careful if you buy the Body Glove.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
My VZW store put one on mine without issue but it is a SOB to try to take it off. It also turns the phone into a tank adding maybe 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch in width.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My VZW store put one on mine without issue but it is a SOB to try to take it off. It also turns the phone into a tank adding maybe 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch in width.

Getting it off is like something giving birth!

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
I had the body glove cover for all of 12 hours. Incredibly difficult to remove. It now takes up space in my desk drawer.

On my lunch break today I went and picked up the shell/holster combo. Fitted it to my phone was MUCH easier than the body glove cover, and it comes off with a normal amount of force. Nice tight fit in the holster, too.

$27.00 with tax, and I think $27.00 well spent

Shel

Reaction score
Hands down, the best form fitting case and holster combo (or just the hard case by itself) is the one sold by Seidio Online (seidioonline.com)

I read posts from people saying they purchased a form fitting case for $10, $12 off of eBay, and why would ANYONE spend $30 on a hard case that is basically the same!

Guess stories like these explain it.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Verizon sold me the body glove I have it along with the screen protector I just don't use the top piece (the thin one) to cover the top of the phone. Works excellent.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I read posts from people saying they purchased a form fitting case for $10, $12 off of eBay, and why would ANYONE spend $30 on a hard case that is basically the same!

Maybe some don't do Ebay....and spending $30 to protect a $600 phone seems like money well spent.

cryberco

Reaction score
Nice! I'll start saving up some scratch for this

great news, i love my seed upgrade.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i got one yesterday and i agree it make the phone feel like a brick but its high quality. it wouldnt slip out of my hand. and i installed it myself while pouring gas. snap on easily and i had removed the top a few time easily. the bottom piece is a bit tough but removeable.

Silverwing

Reaction score
I have the body glove case, it is hard to get off - but I don't think I am ever going to take it off. So it hardly matters. It does make the phone significantly larger, but that is not an issue for me. I like the extra protection and the grip. I give the case a 8-9/10. I am quite pleased with it.

chesty21

Reaction score
I do not seem to have any problems with mine. I remove the rear cover almost everyday using the desktop docking stand and the car mount. It is a little tricky but you get the hang of removing it after a few times. I think it is a great cover.

sho_greg

Reaction score
My thoughts on the tight fit----
I think the tight fit is an asset to the Body Glove. I wear my phone on my belt so the tight fit helps to ease my fear that it will fall off one day.

I didnt get the kickstand though- Why not?

Takami826

Reaction score
are you sure you didn't get the kickstand? I didn't think I did at first either but upon closer inspection, there's a little notch on the belt clip and there it is... kickstand LOL

As for the case itself, I had one for my crackberry, too, and it was a bugger to take off but in the end I'm glad for that.. previous rubbery/neoprene type case I had always feel off... Body Glove seems pretty durable so I got one for the droid...

it IS very tight... kind of scary and as I'm less than a week into owning it, I'm HOPING I don't have to keep popping the battery in and out as much as I had to with the Crackberry and all should be well.

However I did just become concerned about heat dissipation...

Tu Tama

Reaction score
I have this case and love it. Great protection, feels solid, This is the case I want on my phone if I ever drop it. I never had a need to try and take it off.

Takami826

Reaction score
OK after a full day OUT of the office and having to take the phone in and out of my pocket a zillion times through the day, I found one annoyance factor with the body glove case and short of removing it, I see no way around it... but the top piece, because of the thinness of the part to allow for access to the keyboard, it kind of pulls loose on that side... there's no tabs or notches... so in and out of my pocket I found myself easily pulling it far enough away from the screen that I could get my fingers in between the screen and that side of the case.