Blur vs Blurless

Droidmash

Reaction score
What is the difference between blur and blurless? i keep hearing about it but have not gotten any idea on what it really means.

thebird36

Reaction score
Blur is the apps that motorola installs on the phone when you first get it like amazon mp3, browser, etc... non of the verizon apps and its the apps you can't delete unless you have a blurless rom or your rooted and know how to dispose of them. Blurless is usually in a ROM and it removes the apps and stores them in a folder on your sdcard

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

NattyBee

Reaction score
Blur refers to MotoBlur...which Motorola has laid overtop Android

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

Droidmash

Reaction score
does motoblur effect the phone/battery life at all?

NattyBee

Reaction score
does motoblur effect the phone/battery life at all?
Somewhat...you see, it's got more crap running... the best roms out there minimize blur without entirely removing it, as it is tied in to the DX, so removing ALL blur means somewhat loss of functionality....for example, DarkSlide offers both blur and blurless, but even the blurless has just enough blur to maximize the performance of your device ;)

OP
D

Droidmash

Reaction score
so for darkslide ud recommend darkslide blurless?

NattyBee

Reaction score
so for darkslide ud recommend darkslide blurless?
Me, I recommend DarkSlide in general, but I prefer the blurless myself...but the difference in performance/speed/battery life is unnoticeable...it's really personal choice... :)

johsik

Reaction score
does the stock droid x camera and gallery considered blur?

pyroelite

Reaction score

Yes, & so is the dialer (cuz they are modified from the native android style) & a few other moto media related apps - but apps like kindle, nfs demo, or madden demo, etc. are bloatware/bundle apps (not blur) cuz they can be reinstalled from mkt.

from my DX

travisn000

Reaction score

These can be added back to any "blurless" rom that doesn't have them pretty easily.. a simple zip that is applied just the same as the ROM

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

These can be added back to any "blurless" rom that doesn't have them pretty easily.. a simple zip that is applied just the same as the ROM

well not the stock blur gallery but the stock blur camera can be...im not a fan of 3d gallery, especially considering the blur camera and the 3d gallery dont always play nice.

turdbogls

Reaction score

well not the stock blur gallery but the stock blur camera can be...im not a fan of 3d gallery, especially considering the blur camera and the 3d gallery dont always play nice.

i have the 2d and 3d gallery on my gummyjar2.5 ROM as well as the blur camera/camcorder.

Blur is what motorola put over top of stock android to make it "their own" basically the stock droid X unlock sliders,home launcher, contacts app, dialer, camera, gallery, social network widget, and some other widgets are all considered Blur. i found my stock droid x to get BETTER battery life than my GummyJar 2.5 ROM, but not much better and getting rid of the Blur was totally worth it.

pyroelite

Reaction score
Check your app there, cuz aosp-like roms removed hdmi support & there are also no links to arc photo or video editing. So while it may look 2d, its actually not the blur gallery app, it was modded by another dev.

{~DX«Fu$¡¤Π»2.0~}

xenspidey

Reaction score
For me, it's hard to go without a blur rom for day to day stuff. In my opinion the exchange support and corporate email client are far superior in a blur ROM vs blurless. If I didn't use exchange then I would probably go blurless.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App