Bluetooth/WIFI toggle question..

SLAYER6669

Reaction score
Smart_Actions, I have a question about bluetooth and wifi toggles within smart actions.. If bluetooth or wifi are toggled on when there are no smart actions active, when a smart action is triggered with an action to toggle these off, they should reverse back to on again after the triggered smart action is no longer in effect, shouldn't they? It's very random and sometimes the state will reverse back to on and sometimes it won't.

For instance I have bluetooth/wifi toggled on all the time without smart actions active, I have a Home smart action triggered by connection to my home WIFI which will disable bluetooth. When I leave the house it disconnects from WIFI and cancels the Home Smart action. I'm relying on the bluetooth state to return back to on so when I start my car and it connects to my car's bluetooth, it will activate my Car Smart action. A lot of the times I will be down the street and I see no connection to the car and I have to get the phone out of my pocket and I see bluetooth is not on. It's kind of defeating the purpose of trying to automate the task if I have to manually toggle bluetooth on.

Also, any ETA on an update which would allow more actions? More specifically, I'm looking for the separate notification volume/tone.

Thanks!

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, triggers and actions revert back to their previous state.
It's possible the wifi hasn't recognized you have left your home location. Sometimes there's a delay when entering/leaving locations. The reason is for battery savings.
I don't have a hard date on a update at this time.

OP
S

SLAYER6669

Reaction score
Yes, triggers and actions revert back to their previous state.
It's possible the wifi hasn't recognized you have left your home location. Sometimes there's a delay when entering/leaving locations. The reason is for battery savings.
I don't have a hard date on a update at this time.

I'm not using a location based trigger in this scenario. My Home smart action is triggered by the wifi connection to my router. Once it disconnects from my router it does cancel the Home smart action without delay. I purposely set it up this way so the connection to bluetooth in my car would be near instant and I don't have to wait until I'm miles down the road before the home smart action is canceled via a location based trigger. The smart action switching on/off isn't the issue, the issue is sometimes bluetooth does not revert back to being on (the state it was in before the home smart action is triggered) after the smart action is turned off.

Edit: I just manually toggled wifi off, which obviously disconnects the phone from my home router and shuts down the Home smart action, and bluetooth did not turn back on. I manually turned bluetooth on and put wifi back on and it connected to my router and the Home smart action was triggered. Then I manually turned it off once more and this time bluetooth came back on itself like it's supposed to. It's pretty random. I can't figure out anything that may be causing bluetooth to not get turned back on itself.