Bluetooth Stereo Headsets

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
25 Aug 12
I'm about to try the LG tone stereo bluetooth headset with my ICS Bionic in the next day or two. Really cool design, around back of neck/ear canal plugs hybrid. About $70 at verizon corporate stores or at vzw.com. I wear plugs/phones about 35 hrs a week or more and I've always preferred wired, but these appeal to me because of the cool design, they don't mess with your glasses, etc so we'll see in pretty short order if they are a good product for a heavy user, in the reviews I've seen the battery life is phenomenal which, other than being mono, was the huge issue with the Plantronics Voyager Pro+, performs well and you can listen to media over it, but the battery barely lasts 5 hrs before needing a long low rate charge.

Good, they charge at a high rate for a tiny battery it looks like too, the supplied charger (microUSB, also a +) is rated at 800mAH

I'll edit this post after I take pics of them and every couple of days until I have an opinion about them.

So far so good. Wore them about 2 hours today and didn't even make a dent in the battery. Controls are more intuitive than they look, once you have them on and have touched every control once it just feels natural. So far I would rate volume 5/5, comfort 5/5, controls 5/5, battery 5/5, and now price, looking at how good it seems so far 5/5. Monday we'll see if it leasts a whole day (about 4.5 hrs of streaming music/comedy/sports radio) on a charge.

RandySr

Reaction score
Anxious to hear how they work. Just bought them as a birthday gift for my son. $69.99 at Best Buy. Saw Amazon has them cheaper (around $49 I think it was) but I went to BB to use my rewards to bring the price down.

dialtone

Reaction score
I have the LG Tone also. I really like them quite a lot. I have three other friends that bought them after seeing me with it. I bought my first set through Newegg.com for $47 and free shipping. After about 6 months I needed to buy another because I ruined the ear bud trying to glue it back together after it popped open. My second set I bought from Verizon because we get a good discount and it was in the store. I am also buying a set for my son via Newegg since it's on sale for $44 with free shipping. I have the 700 model with is Bluetooth 2. And there is a new model 730 with has Bluetooth 3.