joehinton

Reaction score
I thought bluetooth would work with music and streaming music is this possible

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you need a A2DP headset to play music though a bluetooth earpeice.

most bluetooth earpieces are not A2DP compliant.

rokky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone X
Are there any mono A2DP BT headsets? I am deaf in 1 ear, so I have no need for another "ear acher" :)
Also, I cannot have the kind that stick into the ear canal, as that makes it unsafe for me in not being able to hear anything besides the headset (and usually make my ear sore to boot).
I have been using Motorola H350 and H710 headsets with my other phones, although music quality is not good, but they still sufficed to let me enjoy music to some degree.

I had no idea there would be such a limitation on BT headsets with a newer phone like the Eris - going backwards it seems (of course I can use my cutoff one-ear wired headset for just music...).

TIA

rokky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus PadFone X
Are there any mono A2DP BT headsets? I am deaf in 1 ear, so I have no need for another "ear acher" :)
Also, I cannot have the kind that stick into the ear canal, as that makes it unsafe for me in not being able to hear anything besides the headset (and usually make my ear sore to boot).
I have been using Motorola H350 and H710 headsets with my other phones, although music quality is not good, but they still sufficed to let me enjoy music to some degree.

I had no idea there would be such a limitation on BT headsets with a newer phone like the Eris - going backwards it seems (of course I can use my cutoff one-ear wired headset for just music...).

TIA

Also, I have noticed that my H350/710 do not "light up" the phone for reusing the last called number when I push their control button (as they do with my XV6700/6800 phones). Is that expected?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

TIA

yeah there are quite a few mono A2DP stereo headsets out there just google "a2dp mono bluetooth" you should get several results.