Bluetooth not connecting?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Starting about 3 days ago the Bluetooth on my phone decided to stop working. I haven't had any problems with it since the N update and have used it quite regularly in my car with a BT transmitter. Had some family in town this past week and let my cousin connect to it. Ever since then it does not want to re-pair with the BT device, or even work at all. Starting that same day I also had massive battery drain, so I knew something was up.

In the notification bar I'll hit the BT button and it takes me to the setting page that should show the device list, but nothing ever shows up. If I toggle it on, it goes to the on position but turns gray (instead of blue) and stays that way. The notification bar BT icon also stays gray.

Google showed me a few other places where people said they had similar issues and an FDR still didn't fix it...but I can't find any actual solutions anywhere!

Wonder if anyone else has heard of this or a potential fix? I really miss listening to my music, the radio these days is awful!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You could try clearing all BT data and reboot and see if you can then re-pair with your BT device. Settings > Apps > 3 dot menu > Show System > find Bluetooth Share and tap > Storage > Clear Data. Then reboot your phone and see if the BT Settings open up and let you re-pair. Hope that helps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You could try clearing all BT data and reboot and see if you can then re-pair with your BT device. Settings > Apps > 3 dot menu > Show System > find Bluetooth Share and tap > Storage > Clear Data. Then reboot your phone and see if the BT Settings open up and let you re-pair. Hope that helps.

I'm saving your advice... Just in case...I had a similar thing when my cousin came in from California in the summer... Mine turned out to be a bug in the system of my truck's bt. My dealer did something and it worked but it's good to know other tricks. Thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm saving your advice... Just in case...I had a similar thing when my cousin came in from California in the summer... Mine turned out to be a bug in the system of my truck's bt. My dealer did something and it worked but it's good to know other tricks. Thanks

Sounds good. You can clear the App Data for any app this way, in the same place. Just remember that when you do Clear Data for an app it removes everything, so you have to start from scratch with that app....Passwords, connections, settings, etc.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. You can clear the App Data for any app this way, in the same place. Just remember that when you do Clear Data for an app it removes everything, so you have to start from scratch with that app....Passwords, connections, settings, etc.

Thanks for reminding me!

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

Ahh my savior once again! This is exactly what I was trying to figure out to do but did not know how to show the BT app. I'm unable to test it specifically, BUT in my home when I turn it on now, it not only shows my car's device (though unpaired cause it's off) but picks up other BT devices nearby, instead of just staying blank. Just as it should! I'm fairly confident this did the trick, but it's cold outside and everything is closed so I don't want to get in my car right now lol. I'll let you know my results as soon as I know. Thank you tremendously!

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

Mine was in from Cali too. I think we figured out the real problem here! :rolleyes: Jk cali, you know we love you

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Mine was in from Cali too. I think we figured out the real problem here! :rolleyes: Jk cali, you know we love you
I guess we learned our lesson.. If we drive around with Cali relatives, just let them talk on their phone in their hands, don't hook them up with our BT! I'm kidding too

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ahh my savior once again! This is exactly what I was trying to figure out to do but did not know how to show the BT app. I'm unable to test it specifically, BUT in my home when I turn it on now, it not only shows my car's device (though unpaired cause it's off) but picks up other BT devices nearby, instead of just staying blank. Just as it should! I'm fairly confident this did the trick, but it's cold outside and everything is closed so I don't want to get in my car right now lol. I'll let you know my results as soon as I know. Thank you tremendously!
Sounds promising. Hopefully you will be able to get things setup and running smooth again.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I guess we learned our lesson.. If we drive around with Cali relatives, just let them talk on their phone in their hands, don't hook them up with our BT! I'm kidding too

It was a little stubborn at first but after fiddling around with it a bit, good to go! Thank you again Sajo!! I drive A LOT for my job, so having my music is critical...