Bluetooth File Transfer w/ Mac

progressivehome

Reaction score
I don't have any other Bluetooth issues with my Macbook.... Nor do I have any Bluetooth problems with the droid and my car. I'm pretty damn good with computer stuff, but I can't get "send file" to work between my Mac and my Droid. They are paired, but they never connect so I get a "internal error" message on the Mac. Here is the kicker....it did work once the first time I tried it...so I've unpaired them numerous times and tweaked just about every setting I can see.

Could be a problem on my Mac, but I thought I would ping the Droid community to see if others are having Bluetooth problems with a Mac / PC.

Thanks....M

Legalgear

Reaction score
I got mine to work just fine except the droid wouldn't accept the file type. I am really not sure I am going to keep this phone, I might actually go back to windows...

Gamer

Reaction score
Same problem here! worked once and no matter what I do it won't transfer another file, pairing setup works but connecting fails. I've tried it with 4 different bluetooth computers and phones, I can no longer transfer files between my droid and any other device. All other devices work correctly with each other... :mad:

anyone...?

Legalgear

Reaction score
Maybe you have to mount it. Pull down the menu bar at the top and see if there is a way to mount the phone as a drive. I had to do this for the USB to work.

Haruspex

Reaction score
Thanks...but no. totally different issue.

This was solved for the Droid.

Make sure you open the Sharing preferences in your System Preferences and turn Bluetooth Sharing on, then...

My Droid also says "Paired but not connected". I was able to send files to it from my Mac anyway. I use the Mac Bluetooth menu item "send file", I can select a file, then the popup says "Select Bluetooth Device", I select my Droid, and click send. The Mac says "File type not accepted", I click "Send Anyway", the Droid says in the status bar pulldown "Bluetooth share: Incoming file Please confirm you want to receive this", I click "accept" and it goes through. If you don't accept quickly enough, it will time out, but if you are watching your Droid for the pulldown and accept, it works - at least for me.

The "Send file" item is also available via the gears icon in the Bluetooth preferences.

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
If any of you out there are still having issues with this even after trying Haruspex's suggestion, the problem may lie with the way the Droid is configured. I've noticed, through trial and error, that the Droid will only accept certain file types. I've only had success with stuff that Gallery can read/display (such as JPGs, PNGs, MP3s, etc). I tried sending a NES rom file (.nes) and received the internal error message. I tried zipping that NES file, but the Droid still rejected a ZIP file. Maybe now that the Droid has been rooted, someone will be able to edit the BT config somehow and allow it to accept any type of file. In my opinion it is rather asinine that the Droid should decide what files I can send to it.

Let me know if anyone is able to send any kind of file.....because it will piss me off :icon_eek:

OP
P

progressivehome

Reaction score
I still have a problem....tried everything I can think of on the phone and on this Mac. next step will be trying my other Mac, and then factory reset of the Droid....because it did work once for me. It does pair, but does not connect. And I never get the notification icon on the droid to accept a file.

jmiller

Reaction score
Droid to Mac and back

I could pair but not connect to a Mac G5 with Mac OSX 10.4.11.
I installed Bluetooth File Transfer by Medieval Software and everything works perfectly.

Its a free app!
:icon_ banana:

anandmva

Reaction score
bluetooth and mac

I also use Bluetooth File Transfer by Medieval Software. Free and works well. After launching the app on your Droid, go to Bluetooth settings/menu on your Mac (I use a Macbook Pro) and select "Browse Device..." A new pop-up window should appear with all the folders on your Droid. You can then choose "get" and that will transfer a file from your phone to your Mac, or you can choose "send" and then a Mac Finder window will appear and you can select any file to transfer to your phone.

Hope this all makes sense.

ernova2112

Reaction score
Droid connects to mac with Medieval software

what ever this app did ...I have no problems at least with pics ...being downloaded into my mac from my droid....works like a charm...
Bluetooth File Transfer by Medieval Software.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tried all the instructions, could not get it to connect with my iMac running Snow Leopard. It recognizes the Droid but it would not connect and any type of file I transferred failed.