Bluetooth earpiece that will play stereo

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I stumbled upon what in my opinion was a great find the other day. Others may know about this but I did not, the Jabra BT530 bluetooth headset will actually play your music and video sound through the earpiece. It does not list it as a feature anywhere that I could find but when I paired with my Droid it showed stereo pairing and it worked amazingly. Just wanted to pass this along to others that may not have known either.

R

racklefratz

I stumbled upon what in my opinion was a great find the other day. Others may know about this but I did not, the Jabra BT530 bluetooth headset will actually play your music and video sound through the earpiece. It does not list it as a feature anywhere that I could find but when I paired with my Droid it showed stereo pairing and it worked amazingly. Just wanted to pass this along to others that may not have known either.

Well, I learned something. I always thought the A2DP profile was for stereo. It's not, it can be either mono or stereo. But it's what's required to stream music between devices.

The BT530 has A2DP, but it's not going to be stereo - no way to separate the channels with only one earpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ptfd13

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
All I know is that it plays my music perfectly.

Jittery Jim

Reaction score

I've been using the Jabara BT8040 for over a year now (previously with my LG Dare) and am still very pleased with it. Same deal as the BT530, will also play audio from music or videos. Works perfect for a gent like me who only has one ear. :)