Bluetooth app?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I don't like to check-off "unknown sources" in the security section of my D800, however, my bluetooth app(BT Reader+) makes me do just that, in order for it to work. Does anyone else have this problem, or know of a solution? Thanks.:mad:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

If you didn't get the app from the Google Store it should only be necessary to enable that for the install and/or for updating it but you can, or should be able to, turn it off afterwords.

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks. I did get that app from the Google Play Store, but i would still rather have one that is totally legitimate.:mad:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you got it from the Store it should be legit. I just don't see anything that would indicate you need to have accept from unknown sources turned on.

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, i'm running stock, and the device would not pair with LG bluetooth headphones, until i followed the directions on the phone, and checked-off that particular box. I did it today, but then forgot to uncheck that box until tonight. I'm just afraid that i'll download an app with a virus.:(

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
The first thing I do is check unknown sources to allow my phone to download things from Amazon. So, I've unchecked it and tried pairing my LG Tone headset. The headset pairs just fine, so maybe I'm not understanding what it is that you're trying to do...

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sorry, i've figured it out. I will say this though. The LAST thing i would do is check the unknown sources box, and download anything from Amazon. IMHO, you're flirting with virus city. I don't care for Amazon's security procedures.:p