Blocking Mode......Jelly Bean

Wopback

Reaction score
Verizon's at it again. I was really looking forward to blocking mode with the jb update, but they decided not to include this in the settings. Its actually hidden. However, you can still get it. This is part of the new software and not an app or 3rd party.

First down load this app from the play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sika524.android.quickshortcut

Search for blocking mode.

Click on the first one. There should be two.

Rename it. I chose "blocking mode "

A shortcut is now created on the home screen for blocking mode!

Update: this creates a shortcut, but unfortunately its not fully functional. Post if you've found a fix please...

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
What is blocking mode?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Ah, very cool.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Droid4G

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! :)

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
How do you access blocking mode without using this app?

You can't.......unlike other jb updates, this one is not accessible from settings. The app simply creates you a shortcut.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
But the real question is, does it actually work?

Everyone was all excited when I figured this out for the Verizon Note 2, but it turned out that even though it says that blocking mode is enabled, it didn't actually block anything. Is it actually blocking stuff on the S3?

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
But the real question is, does it actually work?

Everyone was all excited when I figured this out for the Verizon Note 2, but it turned out that even though it says that blocking mode is enabled, it didn't actually block anything. Is it actually blocking stuff on the S3?

Well your certainly all over the place. I got this tip from apparently you on droid life a month ago.

And, yup......its not fully functional. Partial texts and calls are being blocked....

Bummer!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well your certainly all over the place. I got this tip from apparently you on droid life a month ago.

And, yup......its not fully functional. Partial texts and calls are being blocked....

Bummer!

Yep, I was the one who found it for the Verizon Note 2. I posted it in the Note 2 forum here first though to give our awesome community first crack at it. :biggrin: Droid-Life got it from my subsequent post on XDA, but they didn't include the fact that it's not fully functional in their article for some odd reason.

I'm still hopeful that someone can figure out how to get it working since it's in there.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Yep, I was the one who found it for the Verizon Note 2. I posted it in the Note 2 forum here first though to give our awesome community first crack at it. :biggrin: Droid-Life got it from my subsequent post on XDA, but they didn't include the fact that it's not fully functional in their article for some odd reason.

I'm still hopeful that someone can figure out how to get it working since it's in there.

Well like you, I'm looking for a fix. This sucks! Was really looking forward to this feature.

I know there's apps for it, but its not the same to me.......

Well good hunting!