Blinking red LED - NOT LOW BATT

TheGopper

Reaction score
Hey guys,
recently I downloaded a few games on the market and updated quite a few of my exisiting apps... I also had my milestone plugged into my laptop and had portal activated for a while. I'm not sure if any of this was relevant, but anyway, ever since then, my phone has been alright except that when I lock my phone there's always a blinking red LED. It stops blinking once I turn on my screen again, but will start blinking when I lock my phone again. If I pull my notifications tab down to the bottom, then lock my phone, the red light won't be flashing - but it will start flashing after a few minutes of being locked.

I'm on android 2.1 - and my battery is pretty much full - usually 90% or 100% according to batterytime lite. Sorry if this question is in the wrong part of the forum or is completely stupid. Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this red light? Thanks

OP
T

TheGopper

Reaction score
It's a green flashing light for me when I have an SMS. I don't have any unread messages of any sort when I have this flashing red light problem. Thanks though.

chrisnoxid

Reaction score
It means its watching you.. !

no but really- do you have no signal alert or blink installed? I would try re-installing or changing prefs on anything that can control the led including your e-mail and sms.

I don't have 2.1 so really no idea but it might be something hung up?

OP
T

TheGopper

Reaction score
I don't think I installed anything that can control the LED function. And I can't find any inbuilt options for LED function anywhere. :(

k9cop

Reaction score
Handcent is the only app that I have found that can control LED function. You can change the color of the notifications without root access.

nbrown2423

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with the led flashing red. I had just downloaded the aim application. I uninstalled it and the flashing red light stopped. Hope this helps.