Blinking LED using Handscent?

1stdroid

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently switched to handscent for SMS and noticed the notification LED does not blink even though it is set to do so.

The resident SMS ap blinked the LED when I received new text messages. I know it seems a little silly but, the blinking is much more noticeable to me than a steady dim LED.

Those of you that use handscent, does your LED blink if set to do so?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes it blinks and you can even change the color of the LED as well.

try to uninstall the app reboot and install again

-=Jason=-

M

Matth3w

I actually had this same bug when I used Handcent (I use ChompSMS now because Handcent was giving me double messages)...but I liked it. My LED used to blink then something changed and it started staying solid for some reason. I liked that to be honest...that way when I glanced at the phone I could see it instead of catching it in between blinks if that makes sense.

So you're not alone.

OP

1stdroid

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

Well, not to be cynical but, is there anything that works on this phone that doesn't require uninstalling aps, rebooting, and trying it again? It just doesn't seem like the phone was ready for prime time when released.

Not to rant but, another example is the voice dialer. I literally cannot make it work no matter what. I had a moto razr for 3 years prior to this phone and pretty much only voice dialed. On the droid, if you say "call Denise" it will either a) not respond or b) ask if I meant Jason or Alicia. Now, I speak English clearly with no accent (well, Michigan may be an accent to some) and have tried slower, faster, etc., etc. It simply doesn't work.

Not that the LED blinking is a big deal but man, if things that are so simple are so buggy, that explains things like all my SMS messages being simultaneously deleted the other day. That's why I installed handscent.

Oy!

OP

1stdroid

Reaction score
Hey, just fixed the blinking LED notification issue without uninstall/reboot/reinstall. The blink rate was set to "default" which I assumed was the regular rate for resident SMS notification. Apparently not. When setting the blink rate to "normal" or even "fast" or "slow" the LED started blinking.

I have no idea why default rate is constant on. Of course, I turned off the notification in the resident SMS program or, you get dual notifications and asked to choose which ap to use for each message.

I think I'm good now. We'll see if handscent deletes all of my messages arbitrarily like the resident ap did. I see where some people have had handcent do this as well. Must be yet another bug in the phone.