Blinking Green Light.

AoA7

Reaction score
I'm new to this website, so hello to all.
I'm loving the Droid to death so far; no holdbacks or annoyances yet.
There is just one little subtle thing that bugs me....
Can you all check your Droid's LED flashing light (the one that blinks when a notification is ready for you) and check what shape yours has?
Mine seems to be blacked out about a quarter of the way, so only a portion of the circle blinks.
Is this common or is mine just defective?
Like I said, just a minor thing, but I have OCD when it comes to my phone, so this is huge for me.... yeah I know...
Other than that, spectacular phone.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont have any new messages so I cannot say for sure, but I am 99% sure mines is a full circle. If it bothers you, you should return it, Verizon SHOULD replace it for you, but it might be a refurbished phone (which I've heard are perfectly good phones)

OP
A

AoA7

Reaction score
Noo, I knew something was wrong with mine!
Oh well, I'll try to get over it, but it just bugs.
Of all things to get to me, this has to be one of them.
Oh well, thank you all for your responses. Really appreciate it.

mjs31

Reaction score
Noo, I knew something was wrong with mine!
Oh well, I'll try to get over it, but it just bugs.
Of all things to get to me, this has to be one of them.
Oh well, thank you all for your responses. Really appreciate it.

It is a very small circle correct? Some people mix up the light sensor in the upper right corner and think it should blink. The led is very small on the Droid.

x25064

Reaction score
I dont have any new messages so I cannot say for sure, but I am 99% sure mines is a full circle. If it bothers you, you should return it, Verizon SHOULD replace it for you, but it might be a refurbished phone (which I've heard are perfectly good phones)

DON'T do that.

I can't tell you how many phones I've gotten from them where the screen randomly tweaks or keys stop working days after. "Refurbished" in the cell phone market is a joke. You basicially get a quick fix water damaged phone. Best case scenario one that had a bad button or screen that was replaced. Trust me you won't get that lucky. Verizon actually gave me a refurb where the literal screen was peeling off in the corner and then said they couldn't replace it because it was "cosmetic" damage. Funny how you pay 200-300 for a brand new phone, for them to give you a POS.

Keep the phone. It may be irritating but if everthing else works for you, then its not worth the possible scenarios by trading it in.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Too bad you didn't get your phone through Walmart or Best Buy. Then you could just take it back to that store, they would give you a brand new one & they'd still get credit for the one you returned.

I used to work in a Walmart Connection Center & we did that all the time, IF it was still within 30 days.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Mine is a very small circle. It's a full circle, but it's irregular - more like an amoeba than a circle really. Makes me think there is a black circle around the light to make it a circle - my "black part" has a hole that's too big, and yours has a hole that's too small.

Man, I love nitpicking this thing. Good thing it's still the greatest phone I've ever owned, by far.

shakes268

Reaction score
Mine is similar. Its like the LED is off center from the hole in the casing. I think thats really the problem. Its not an issue with the LED not working correctly - its just shifted to the right a little.

Silver Member
Reaction score
because the LED is a muilticolored one, they all have to fit in the same pinhole space. if you can see the LED/color, it's doing its job.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
because the LED is a muilticolored one, they all have to fit in the same pinhole space. if you can see the LED/color, it's doing its job.

You are right. There is nothing wrong with the OP's device :)

fegul

Reaction score
btw, I've noticed that in a pitch black dark room, the notification light also illuminates part of the screen slightly.

When the light goes on and I cover it with my finger, I can see the green cast on the screen, is that supposed to happen?

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol really? these are the concerns you guys are being bothered by??

it's a piece of glass with painted edges that cover electronics underneath. you're going to see the LCD backlight and any lit LEDs...

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
640k when my phone rings I can still hear it if I put my finger over the speaker, is this supposed to happen?

Silver Member
Reaction score
no. you'll need the next OTA update to fix this.