Bionic shown with blazing speeds over 4g!

Covington

Reaction score
View attachment 39212

Wow! Look at these amazing 4g speeds! Looks like that Moto made chip is working wonders.
This shot also gives a better view of the beast. It gets more gorgeous in every picture!
Screen also looks nice

Source via YodaDroid over at Androidforums.com

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Edit first post was stupid looked again and counted the numbers missed a zero ha so pretty damn fast little unbelievable honestly my laptop doesn't even reach that with speedtest.net ha although I guess it's testing network speeds

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.8ghz!

Last edited:

creaky

Reaction score
That is one sexy beast. Nice shot - can't wait to hope it in my own sweaty hand.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

318Droid

Reaction score
Sexy! That phone is looking better and better with each new pic. That screen has to be a 4.5. And blazing fast 4g speeds. Hurry up with release and root please.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sexy! That phone is looking better and better with each new pic. That screen has to be a 4.5. And blazing fast 4g speeds. Hurry up with release and root please.

I have two thoughts from looking at this picture WRT the size of the screen:

1) On my Droid 1, the speedtest.net app takes up the entire screen; however, in the screen shot, there is a black space surrounding the UI. I'm not sure how apps are typically designed to occupy screen space and if it is based on # of pixels or what, but could it be possible to compare the amount of screen occupation/screen size of the droid 1 to the amount of screen occupation/screen size of the bionic?

2) If one has no merit to it, my other thought is the assumption that the 4 soft key's across the bottom of the screen appear to be on the same scale of previous phones. If it were possible to use a precise measurement tool, say a dial caliper, to measure the phone or menu buttons, it could be used as a distance baseline in a picture like this and a fairly accurate measurement could be made, or at least I assume it could.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
It looks wider like they went closer to the TB aspect ratio

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Renae

Reaction score
Doesn't that picture show Wi-Fi turned on at the top of the screen ?

Yeah its not wifi, it has the 4g icon with signal strength and bluetooth . That looks mighty impressive!

Come on release date!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

porsche996

Reaction score
View attachment 39212

Wow! Look at these amazing 4g speeds! Looks like that Moto made chip is working wonders.
This shot also gives a better view of the beast. It gets more gorgeous in every picture!
Screen also looks nice

Source via YodaDroid over at Androidforums.com

Not trying to rain on your parade, but that's a pretty typical speed for 4G... My Thunderbolt routinely sees that type of speed (my ping times are slow, mostly due to no test server in my city), with the highest ever I've seen at 44 Mbps download:

70297072.png

The Bionic is one helluva' phone, but that doesn't mean it's getting faster speeds than the other 4G phones...

DoctorV

Reaction score
Not trying to rain on your parade, but that's a pretty typical speed for 4G... My Thunderbolt routinely sees that type of speed (my ping times are slow, mostly due to no test server in my city), with the highest ever I've seen at 44 Mbps download:

70297072.png

The Bionic is one helluva' phone, but that doesn't mean it's getting faster speeds than the other 4G phones...

Thank you for pointing that out! What does it matter what 4G phone it is? Shouldn't the Thunderbolt, Charge and Revolution get the same speed too if they're all 4G? What's the Bionic doing differently that's so special?

endobrian

Reaction score
The Change doesn't get anything close to that. Different chip-set/radio?

porsche996

Reaction score
It could easily be the test server, too. I get the fastest test speeds from Indianapolis, Atlanta, and Washington, DC. The more "local" ones to me only get 10 Mbps to 15 Mbps download speeds.

Renae

Reaction score

When I was in a verizon store, the thunderbolt consistently got higher speeds than both the charge and revolution. I ran it many times at the same time on all three phones. I'm hoping this screenshot shows the bionic will at least match speeds seen on the tb.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DoctorV

Reaction score

I'm betting if the Charge was sitting right next to the Bionic on that table it would get the same speed as well because they would both be connected to the same cell tower. It's like saying that if a dual core HP computer was hooked up to a cable connection and got 20Mbps then a six core Dell computer using the same connection should be the exact same. The processor shouldn't matter and both should be using the same standard Ethernet controller as well. I think an LTE radio should be an LTE radio. I don't think there is such a thing as different LTE speed rated radios.