Billy's "Add Your Own" Background to Nexus Live Wallpaper (update.zip)

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
Hello, guys and gals!

Ever wanted to make your own live wallpaper with your OWN background image? Well, now you can!!!

Simply download my update.zip and install this customized LiveWalpapers.apk to your phone!

Here's how it works:

Place WHATEVER picture you want (must be JPG format) in /sdcard/media/ and rename it to nexus.jpg and this image will load into your Nexus Live Wallpaper!!! (must go into LiveWallpaperPicker AFTER you put the image in place for this to work!)

Oh, and if you like this, and want to support future enhancements, you could help out by donating below! Thanks!

And as always, Enjoy!

Billy's "Add Your Own" Background to Nexus Live Wallpaper (update.zip) - Black Droid Mod

stangdroid

Reaction score
Can you make something like this for a non root? Been trying to get a kansas jayhawks and an ohio state one with the nexus led's.

OP
billygalbreath

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
You could try extracting the LiveWallpapers.apk file from the update.zip and push it via ADB to /data/app/ - but i dont know if non-root devices will let you access /data like that.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, I'm sure I've screwed something up :icon_eek:

I installed the update.zip and put a nexus.jpg file in the /sdcard/media/ folder.

When I choose the nexus live wallpaper, I get force closes consistently.

is there a certain size the .jpg has to be? am I missing something?

just tried it again and same thing :(

Last edited:
OP
billygalbreath

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
ok, I'm sure I've screwed something up :icon_eek:

I installed the update.zip and put a nexus.jpg file in the /sdcard/media/ folder.

When I choose the nexus live wallpaper, I get force closes consistently.

is there a certain size the .jpg has to be? am I missing something?

just tried it again and same thing :(

This is one of the reasons i released an updated version to this. You are supposed to name the image file to nexus.jpg - its very important. My updated version does not crash if the file is not found (it loads the default instead of crashing). I also moved the location of nexus.jpg to /system/app/ to prevent it from crashing when the sdcard is not mounted ;)

Here's a link to the updated version and instructions:

Live Wallpaper Background Picker (updated) - Pl3x Rom

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, just realized that you're doing this with the SDK. I downloaded the SDK and all, but I think that might be a bit over my head at the current time. Maybe one day, I'll have time to sit down and go through and figure it out.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and to make the apk, anyways :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happened across another post with the Android Commander Program. Installed the SDK and Android Commander. Pushed the files (livewallpapers.apk & nexus.jpg) to the directories listed above.

Same Force Close error when you pick the nexus live wallpaper from the menu.

Is this because I tried the other method first? Can I get back to the original setup w/o having to reinstall the ROM?

sorry for all the questions.

Last edited: