Bike crash rescue video

techguru

Reaction score
My wife put this video together to document her crash and rescue on September 4th.

[video=youtube;WwOjXZHNFus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwOjXZHNFus[/video]

What does this have to do with the Droid Incredible? All of the on-scene still shots and videos and hospital pictures were taken with my Incredible (yes, she knew I was taking pictures. Despite being in intense pain, she already knew she would want to make a video, and also wanted the pictures instead of a Doctor's note to explain why she wasn't going to be at work the next day).

She is fine. Her bones are apparently made of steel. She was badly bruised, and her elbow wound got infected, but she has a new helmet and pack and is ready to ride again.

Alan

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures, sorry it had to be at your wife's cycling accident though. She did a very nice job putting it together. I'm curious how she crashed the bike? Tell her I'm glad she is ok.....rom one bike rider to another (even though I'm a motorcycle rider, but hey I wave at bike riders when I'm riding too).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see she is ok and the bike was unharmed

OP
techguru

techguru

Reaction score
Nice pictures, sorry it had to be at your wife's cycling accident though. She did a very nice job putting it together. I'm curious how she crashed the bike? Tell her I'm glad she is ok.....rom one bike rider to another (even though I'm a motorcycle rider, but hey I wave at bike riders when I'm riding too).

Thanks,

It was a super dry day, and the trail was a lot faster than usual and what is usually a bit sticky dirt had a slick sandy hard surface. She went through an S curve just too fast and the bike went off the trail to the left, and she went off the bike to the right. Hit her whole right side on the hard-pack trail and her elbow landed on a big rock.

By the time we got home, her right elbow was twice the size of her left, and over the next day bruises raised from her elbow to her wrist, and hip to knee. She had a shiner on her right eye from the head lac for a couple of days, but it was not nearly as bad as it originally looked just because scalp wounds bleed like crazy. She didn't even need stitches for the head lac.

Alan

OP
techguru

techguru

Reaction score
Good to see she is ok and the bike was unharmed

She loves that bike. It is a Cannondale F400, but she has added disc brakes and upgraded most of the moving parts, so it is really more like an F600+ now.

The second biker on the scene was a Dr. and she said "the good news Laura, is your bike is fine".

Alan

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My worst accident was on dry trail.dislocated wrist and shoulder, 2 cracked ribs.expected bike to slightly slide in a turn and it didn't.bike got stuck under me, causing the rib cracks, falling correctly caused the shoulder, trying to avoid the inevitable caused the wrist.finishing the last 4 miles of the ride was priceless

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off in seriousness I am very glad she is okay. Also glad she knows how to really edit video well, a very good job!

Secondly, I absolutely LOVE the black and white 'disasters' tossed in, like the burning zepplin, atomic bomb, and the train crash... they made me laugh, but totally fit well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, she's got a talent for putting together a video. Glad she's OK. :)

That's why I always tell people doing all that healthy stuff can get you killed.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I were not a bike rider I would have enjoyed the awesome video more but I was a bit distracted looking for the bike, wondering if cpr was being aadministered to it, etc.
In all honesty when you fall hard it really does feel like those effects
Tell her :2thumbs: for the video and for getting right back on the bike

wified from my Incredible monolith using Swype on Tapatalk