BetterCut

booklady2002

Reaction score
I am having a problem with Bettercut. I just got it today but can't get it to work. When I try to add an app to my home screen, I keep getting a message that there is no room for it. My home screen is completely empty. What am I doing wrong. Can someone give me step by step directions to add an app to a home screen usign BetterCut. For example, I am trying to add hansent to my home screen but I keep getting that same message
thanks.
L.

droider4life

Reaction score
Try adding handcent the normal way to ur screen and then just change the icon with bettercut

Edit: then just hit edit shortcut

Darthvong

Reaction score
Hey all,
Got a little problem. I just rooted and have started changing icons with bettercut. Tweaking some standard ones using photoshop and whatnot.

Anyway I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the darn Phone icon. I've tried the open bettercut and click edit shortcut and the phone option doesn't show. Then I went the long press, choose shortcut, choose bettercut, but I can't find it in all the options.

Any help???

Thanks!

Oh if it matters I'm using ROM cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2

Last edited:

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
Hey all,
Got a little problem. I just rooted and have started changing icons with bettercut. Tweaking some standard ones using photoshop and whatnot.

Anyway I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the darn Phone icon. I've tried the open bettercut and click edit shortcut and the phone option doesn't show. Then I went the long press, choose shortcut, choose bettercut, but I can't find it in all the options.

Any help???

Thanks!

Oh if it matters I'm using ROM cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2

Interesting, I'm running CM same version and I Just checked. I have the phone option in "edit shortcut" but not others, for example, "Voice Search". Interesting.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
@booklady

Are you running a home replacement (i.e. Helix, Home++, etc)? If so, in my experience, Bettercut adds shortcuts to each home replacement. If one of them has a full screen, it will give you a "no more space" message.

droider4life

Reaction score
I'm just curious can u guys tell me how to return an icon back to stock after I've used bettercut to change it?

justreboot

Reaction score
Use one of the home switcher utils (home++ has one) / open the home chooser app and select 'home' as the default (you can change later) / delete the icons from the 'home' screen // I ran into the same thing some time ago...