Bettercut and Helix Launcher issues

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Having a little issue with using these two together. I have helix set as my default home right now. I removed all the icons from the regular home screen but now when I open Bettercut it isn't showing any icons to edit. The only way I can do it is to create a new shortcut which is a little time consuming. Will icons available to edit only show up when they are placed on the stock home screen???

liddster

Reaction score
Having a little issue with using these two together. I have helix set as my default home right now. I removed all the icons from the regular home screen but now when I open Bettercut it isn't showing any icons to edit. The only way I can do it is to create a new shortcut which is a little time consuming. Will icons available to edit only show up when they are placed on the stock home screen???

I have the same setup... However ALL my shortcuts, from all my screens show up when I start up bettercut.

rmart88

Reaction score
I am also using HelixLauncher and am attempting to use BetterCut... but when I open BetterCut it shows no icons to edit. Im not sure how to Create my own shortcut either....?? any suggestions? could this be because of the 2.1 update? you dont have to be rooted to use BetterCut right? Thanks for any input!

spoooon

Reaction score
Go to the regular home screen and drag the shortcuts you want to edit on to the desktop. Then make your edits. Then go to the helix home screen.

Alternatively, you can just create new activity shortcuts. Those will show up on every home screen.

Sal R.

Reaction score
The shortcuts you want to edit need to be on the stock home screen for it to show up in better cut.

Coosa Droid

Reaction score
Could you rename orignial Home Launcher to save/disable it (I know people are doing it to keep it from running in the back ground) and then rename the Helix Launcher to the same name as the original to get better cut to edit short cuts like on the original home screen?

Talk about a run-on sentence.