Better Facebook On Your Android Device.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

For many the Facebook Application experience is garbage. It has too much going on "ie auto play videos as of late" and lots of other things that tend to eat up your battery, and overall bog down your device. It really takes a fast phone for the Facebook to operate smoothly. Anyone with a device that has any age whatsoever will more than likely have a poor, slow, experience with the Facebook app. If you need to know everything going on in your friends life, and you need to know now more than likely you skip the app and you view Facebook on the web were it operates using much fewer resources.

The only issue with simply using facebook on your browser is the fact that you have to launch the browser, navigate, to facebook, possibly sign in depending on how long it has been since your last session. There is now a better option thanks to developer "cixty". His new "Facebook Browser" app takes the webview Facebook experience and crams it into an application. The app gives you instant access to your account and requires no other browsers to work. Everything is contained within the app. This app is free and can be downloaded at the source link below.

Via XDA

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was skeptical at first as I already have a bookmark widget for Facebook in case I need to use a browser version. Was pleasantly surprised that this eliminated the need for Facebook messenger app. Install 1 app, uninstall 2 apps. Win win in my book!

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what Xeene said; this is what the FB should have been like. I also like that it only asks for two permissions.

neyeswhip

Reaction score
Nice app. Uninstalled the FB app and my droid maxx is blazing fast again. Never realized how crummy that app is, must have been optimized by the touchwiz team.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Interesting, I will give it a try.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Sweet! I like it, uninstalled the official facebook app and I'm keeping this.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I installed it last night and I must admit it is nice to not have notifications coming through constantly. Yes, I know I could turn them off in the app itself. I had hoped removing fb and messenger would help with ram usage, but to no avail. Regardless, I think I'll be keeping this installed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing I've found so far that is disappointing is that I don't seem able to save photos to my phone from FB nor do videos play at all, even when clicked. So far, though, I still prefer this app to the two official ones.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
And you can't share to Facebook if you uninstall the Facebook app, ugh!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to use this app for awhile. I didn't realize the FB app and Messenger were about 100 MB's. It's not that I'm worried about 100 MB's, but when all is said and done, the official FB app is garbage.