Beta testing closed...download stable GPA14 instead

kenman

Reaction score
Noticed this morning that my exchange service stopped syncing overnight on beta 3, seemed to working fine on beta 2 last week. A restart got it working again. I'll flash the new build to see if it clears up. Everything else running great!

mjoshea148

Reaction score
On latest update for the commute into work. Listened to music, got a call.

So far so good. Yesterday after clearing battery stats I left phone off charging w/minimal use and after 18hrs showed 70% battery left.

Up until that point have had not so great battery life - barely getting through a day w/minimal usage (ever after wiping battery stats here/there on non-GPA ROMS and v13).

rkeller62

Reaction score
Pete,
What recovery do you use/recommend? I have used SPR but switched to ROM Manager/Clockwork a few months ago to make it easier... I seldom use ROM Manager just boot into recovery and manually backup/wipe/install.
If you feel there is a difference I will use the recovery/process you recommend.

Not sure what Pete recommends, but I have been using RZR recovery instead of SPR. It is basically an updated version of SPR and does not require ROM Manager. Gives a lot of options for wiping (system, data, cache, dalvik cache, .android-secure, boot). It also lets you choose a zip file from anywhere on your sd card so you no longer have to rename to update.zip and place in root of sdcard. Makes it nice and easy to flash a new ROM and immediately put in a custom kernel if you want without rebooting and renaming/moving files.

RZR comes in both update.zip and .sbf formats and you can get more information about it here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

On another note, I had been running the GPA builds from 11-13 but when completely back to stock using an SBF file because of issues I was having with FCs and boot loops. The complete wipe/reinstall of my phone my have cleaned it up a little and I am now planning to install the latest Beta build and see how it does. I will do a full wipe and slowly add back my apps to see if I can find apps that are not playing nice with this GB build. I really hope it works better now because I really like this implementation of GB for my Droid and it will keep me from looking at upgrading prematurely to a phone I am not "wowed" by.

Keep up the great work you are doing for us OG Droid owners Pete!

smmfc

Reaction score
I keep trying to download nut after waiting for it to finish it keeps saying download unsuccessful and that's multiple times on wifi and 3g

I've even rebooted and still can't get a download to work I started with a fresh battery and now its down to 70% from all my tries
Any ideas to fix would be great

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gsDroid

Reaction score
SMMFC - If possible, download the file on your computer and copy to your phone via usb cable. That always works for me. I have found the 3-21-11 nightly seems to make my phone less problematic than beta3. The app drawer definitely loads/closes quicker. I find myself getting more reliable touch presses on icons, buttons, and menu choices than on beta3. I do think the memory settings were cutting it a little too close on beta3. So far, the new nightly looks to be a little quicker and a little more precise on touches.

smmfc

Reaction score
Thanks ill jump on my comp and give it a shot I've noticed a big problem lately when downloading on the phone it's been really slow lately and doesn't download successfully very often

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
This time there was a method to my madness rather than just trying random values. This will most likely be the stable build unless you all find something wrong with it.
Is this still using the Interactive governor?

Imgmorley

Reaction score
generic_sholes-ota-eng.pete.03-21-11_12:55:56am.zip

Installed this morning, everything good so far...
What's this?

That's the newest Beta Build for GPA14. See below.

New beta builds will be found here: Index of /bb/DROID/ROM/BETA, from now on lets refer to them by build date and time. All testers please flash the latest one available in this folder. Once again, more memory adjustments. This time there was a method to my madness rather than just trying random values. This will most likely be the stable build unless you all find something wrong with it.

Edit: Be sure it is around ~71MB, if not it is uploading.

pup154

Reaction score
I have been participating in this Beta test since it started. I have had nothing but good things to say until right now. I just flashed the latest Beta and things were running well. The problem is when I try to mount the SD card, I touch the normal place to mount it and the screen just goes back to the home screen. I did not wipe, since I was already on Beta 3. Any ideas?

OP
P

peteralfonso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Stable build is out, post on my website, thanks for helping test!!