Best way to use LauncherPro with Powerstrip/Quickdesk

stanrc

Reaction score
Like most everyone else I've been having bad redraw issues with LP lately and have been reading tons of pages trying to find a fix for it. I read Fede's argument against apps like Powerstrip and quickdesk as they hold the system launcher position but I just can't get away from using them. So I figured out a better way.

In the LP settings you can choose to launch an app when long pressing on the Home button, I set that to launch Powerstrip. Then I cleared the defaults so that LP was my default home app (so the system will try harder to keep it in memory). Now whenever I want to call Powerstrip I just hold the Home key and it comes right up, otherwise it stays in the background and can be killed without being as noticeable as when LP is killed.

Enforcer_X

Reaction score
Like most everyone else I've been having bad redraw issues with LP lately and have been reading tons of pages trying to find a fix for it. I read Fede's argument against apps like Powerstrip and quickdesk as they hold the system launcher position but I just can't get away from using them. So I figured out a better way.

In the LP settings you can choose to launch an app when long pressing on the Home button, I set that to launch Powerstrip. Then I cleared the defaults so that LP was my default home app (so the system will try harder to keep it in memory). Now whenever I want to call Powerstrip I just hold the Home key and it comes right up, otherwise it stays in the background and can be killed without being as noticeable as when LP is killed.

This is the setup I would like to have, however I can't find where to to set my Home long press settings in LauncherPro. I would greatly appreciate any direction on this.

junpar

Reaction score
I have a feeling he means Search long press :)..? I put mine on long press search. Used to use power strip, but it's gotten too slow.. I think I have to use quickdesk..

Enforcer_X

Reaction score
I have a feeling he means Search long press :)..? I put mine on long press search. Used to use power strip, but it's gotten too slow.. I think I have to use quickdesk..

I was afraid of that ... thanks!