Best to update or wait.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just got my moto x and want to know if I should update it. l seen a few bad post about lolly pop causeing problems with this phone.
Thanks.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There are always some issues with updates, but they also provide new features & security patches. I doubt you can get the patch that protects your device from the stagefright exploit without the rest of your updates being current.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you just bought the phone it should already be on Lollipop 5.0. You should have an update available for 5.1. I have three Moto X 2014's in my home and they are all on 5.1 and have no major issues. 5.1 fixed a lot of things that were wrong with 5.0, so its worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wow. I guess they don't update them before they ship them. You should be fine, the biggest problem in my opinion is the apps that people have installed. Sometimes they are not compatible with the new OS. If you do have any issues there are a lot of great people on this forum that would be happy to help. Enjoy your new phone, my wife and kids absolutely love theirs!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Wow. I guess they don't update they before they ship them. You should be fine, the biggest problem in my opinion is the apps that people have installed. Sometimes they are not compatible with the new OS. If you do have any issues there are a lot of great people on this forum that would be happy to help. Enjoy your new phone, my wife and kids absolutely love theirs!

Could you imagine opening all of the unsold phones to update them? Haha! I think they eventually reach a point where they're loading the new version on devices as they make them, but they sell the stock with the older software first, I believe.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Could you imagine opening all of the unsold phones to update them? Haha! I think they eventually reach a point where they're loading the new version on devices as they make them, but they sell the stock with the older software first, I believe.
True, hadn't thought about that in an Amazon warehouse. Good point. I ordered all of mine from Moto Maker and they came with 5.0.