Best RSS App? (Google Reader)

Thefamous1

Reaction score
I use Google Reader for my RSS feeds, does anyone know of a good app?

Right now I use RobNews.

Thank You

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just use the google reader built into google. Works great!

backlash

Reaction score
I'm kind of looking for one too. On my computer I use Akregator, I only have 4 rss feeds that I care about, I just need something simple, that I can just add my 4 feeds to.

I tried NewsRob and didn't like it.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I've been using NewsRob now for awhile. Gets the job done for me. Syncs nicely with Google Reader. It's not immediate sync, so you can't go back and forth, but for occasional reading, it works well.

bradgsanford

Reaction score
I've tried Feedr and Newsrob and hated them both. Just create a bookmark for google reader's mobile site. This is the best that I've found.

s-one

Reaction score
For real! The web based google reader rawks. Does everything I need it to do, fast and lite.

ice456789

Reaction score
The only thing it doesn't do is notifications, and that's something I like.

s-one

Reaction score
That's cool.. some people need notifications.. but let me tell you.... I have MAD subscriptions to include this forum and if I got notified for every new feed my Droid would blow up. :)

bradgsanford

Reaction score
Same here. If I got notified for every feed update I'd be a walking vibrator! If you like to be notified, the mobile version will not do it. You're correct. So for those who want notifications, here are my opinions on the only two that I've tried:

Feedr: says it syncs but never did for me. I did like the UI of this one better than NewsRob

NewsRob: synced, albeit a lagging sync, but didn't care for the vanilla UI.

phone

Reaction score
I'm using Greed (paid app). You can download the free version but the text is tiny, not so with the paid. Syncs with Google Reader and has notifications. I downloaded a few free apps and tried them, before I went with this one.