Best Roms for D1

OP
L

leaveone

Reaction score
smokiedabong, is that bugless beast v0.6.2.1 or one of his GPA ports? I think I may try that one next. Sourcery is pretty nice too, once i got the LEDs working.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I always end up coming back to Droid Concepts. It runs best by far on my phone in comparison to other roms.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liquid ROMs for my D1 with a Chevy kernel is a dream.

Features: Go for LGB 2.6

Stability: Go for LFY 1.96

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

mrcold

Reaction score
Agreed PE is my fave d1 rom... im a heavy user and about 7hrs battery.. most roms gave me 4... PE is quick and the least problems I've had

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

A week ago, I would've agreed with you. I don't know what happened, but I've been having some major issues with PE just in the last 4-5 days. I've wiped everything about 12 times, recovered to my backup, downloaded PE again and reinstalled...still major problems. FYI, it sucks when your PHONE tells you that the Android app PHONE(dialer) is not responding and you have to FC. It feels more like a really hard scrotal kick catching both boys, rather than an uncomfortable flick to one or the other with a normal FC.

Please note, I loved PE for the last month or two. Today is probably the worst "phone day" I've had since bugless went Froyo, so I'm bitter.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
A week ago, I would've agreed with you. I don't know what happened, but I've been having some major issues with PE just in the last 4-5 days. I've wiped everything about 12 times, recovered to my backup, downloaded PE again and reinstalled...still major problems. FYI, it sucks when your PHONE tells you that the Android app PHONE(dialer) is not responding and you have to FC. It feels more like a really hard scrotal kick catching both boys, rather than an uncomfortable flick to one or the other with a normal FC.

Please note, I loved PE for the last month or two. Today is probably the worst "phone day" I've had since bugless went Froyo, so I'm bitter.

wierd try 2 things. 1) back up your sdcard and reformat it than put your stuff back on it.
2nd wiper everything and install rom clean from scratch meaning from the rom.zip after wiping everything.if the sdcard thing doesnt work.
did you change kernels, themes recently.
other than corrupted files i dont see what could cause this.
I know your not talking about sourcery , PE is a fine rom and should have these problems jsut start up.
sorry chizzle i know im suppose to push sourcery but that eagle guy just stopped making the rom so i dont like him anymore.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
wierd try 2 things. 1) back up your sdcard and reformat it than put your stuff back on it.
2nd wiper everything and install rom clean from scratch meaning from the rom.zip after wiping everything.if the sdcard thing doesnt work.
I know your not talking about sourcery , PE is a fine rom and should have these problems jsut start up.
sorry chizzle i know im suppose to push sourcery but that eagle guy just stopped making the rom so i dont like him anymore.

A great creator offers a solution to any problem, even one he did not create. Sourcery is great but since more and more are ditching the og i stopped pushing it as well. The support thread is pretty much dead as sourcery has no bugs.. so we'll see what my next phone would be :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
L

leaveone

Reaction score
hey Chizzele, my phone has 42/225 MB of memory available.. is that normal? the phone seems to lag a bit.. im assuming you dont experience either of those issues?

mrcold

Reaction score

Coincidentally, this evening all of my music started to sound like a cross between white noise and drum and base. At this point, I have to agree with you on the SD card problem. Thanks for the help!

moset

Reaction score
GB 2.3.5 has seemed to me to be much more stable. Cush2Push is running great for me.

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
hey Chizzele, my phone has 42/225 MB of memory available.. is that normal? the phone seems to lag a bit.. im assuming you dont experience either of those issues?

The memory is normal, the legginess is not. Make sure you lock adw into memory that should eliminate any home app lag. Other then that you might be able to try a different kernel from the built in choices. Let me know how it works.

Also see the link in my sig for the Support thread, you will get faster answers there as there are more people helping with the support.

OP
L

leaveone

Reaction score
which kernel would be best to try? im assuming it is the slayher kernels with compcache support (though i dont know what that is) and which one, they 900-1200?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I rotate between Slayher 1.0 ghz kernel to RZ 1.0 ghz kernel.. both seems to have same battery life approx' 14 - 16 hours with moderate use. But your phone might react diffrnet so feel free to try, after all its just a one click install. The 1.2 ghz kernels put my phone in a boot loop though.. can't handle that speed.

OP
L

leaveone

Reaction score
ok, ive installed the slayher 1000 kernel. after reboot it seems to run pretty quick but that was right after a reboot so ill report back after i get some more time to actually use the phone. for the time being i have the compcache disabled. brief research on seems to say that it isnt all that useful and once again it depends on your needs, phone usage, apps installed, etc..

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
i never used it to be honest, there is support for it although i never had the need for it. Not sure if it will have any impact, positive or negative.