Best Rom running Gingerbread

nwwolf1

Reaction score
What, in your opinion, is the best rom running the Gingerbread beta, or full, for Droid 1? I'm on UD right now running the beta and it's good but there's issues they are working on. I'm just wondering which the best rom is, performance wise for Gingerbread.

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Project Elite? That's a rom for D1? I've never heard of it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe PE 4.1 is a FroYo ROM with a GB UI -

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Elite is not gingerbread but parts only. Still froyo

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the O/P - I am running UD 3.0 and the only issue I am having is the backlight and 3G toggle - it is very easy to work around those issues throughout the day - this is my daily driver -

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
For the O/P - I am running UD 3.0 and the only issue I am having is the backlight and 3G toggle - it is very easy to work around those issues throughout the day - this is my daily driver -

So you think UD is the best running for D1? The backlight is what's really bothering me haha

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Project Elite? That's a rom for D1? I've never heard of it.

Yes, it's relatively new... but it's not gingerbread.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

gmmurphy

Reaction score
running pe for the last three weeks. wow, fast and smooth. no fc's. battery life is rough but if you tweek set cpu you will get a day out of it.

i know quadrant is not the end all, but im getting in the 1400's consistently. this chef is stupendous.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

So you think UD is the best running for D1? The backlight is what's really bothering me haha

I haven't tried another GB build since before the New Year - my guess is that this will be fixed on the next release and an easy work around is to put a brightness toggle in the notification pulldown and if you need to use the physical keyboard with backlight just pull down the panel and toggle the brightness, the keyboard will light up after the first press of the toggle button :)

yamahansolo

Reaction score
You can also use the stock power widget's. And for the data problem you can toggle the data on the power widget as well. Ud seems to be a mix with cyanogen. Its pretty good also there is a guy name jeff who is working on it and his rom is pretty good! I think he was the first to get gps going.

sarreq

Reaction score
I'm using Liquid Gingerbread right now, awesomely fast so far. the only thing that bothers me about it is the accelerometer not working.