Best Recovery Console?

ArykMeyer

Reaction score
My phone is kindof buggy and doesnt want to install the rom i'm want to use with nandroid. its clockwork mod. i'm trying to use blackdroids ultimate droid 9.8.0 any suggestions for the best recovery console to use? like nandroid? correct me if i'm wrong but isnt sprecovery one too? thanks for the help guys

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes theres only 3 recovery images for the Motorola Droid at the this moment in time.

1) The stock recovery that comes with your Droid out of the box.
2) SPRecovery
3) ClockworkMod Recovery

rotordroid

Reaction score
My phone is kindof buggy and doesnt want to install the rom i'm want to use with nandroid. its clockwork mod. i'm trying to use blackdroids ultimate droid 9.8.0 any suggestions for the best recovery console to use? like nandroid? correct me if i'm wrong but isnt sprecovery one too? thanks for the help guys

For UDv9.8 use sprecovery and download the nandroid from the Blackdroid section of this forum, NOT thru ROM Manager (Clockwork).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score
There are many ways to skin the cat, and it depends on how you want to load your roms. Sprecovery is good if you are familiar with it and like to use update.zips or nandroids. Clockworkmod recovery along with Rom Manager is very easy to use and very versatile and from there you can load either Cyanogenmod or any of the other roms. From Rom Manager you can also flash back and forth from clockworkmod recovery to Sprecovery depending on your needs.

You don't need to purchase the Premium Rom Manager in order to have it help you load roms other than Cyanogenmod, you just need to download the other rom to your sd card manually then allow Rom Manager to run it.

So whether you decide to use Sprecovery or Clockworkmod recover depends on what you want to do and how much effort you want to put into it. I like them both, but for most people flashing their first roms the Rom Manager is going to make things most painless. (in my opinion)

Last edited: