Best, least bulkiest, case?

neal121

Reaction score
I've been searching and reading the forums for almost an hour now, and googling my findings but really can't find a good answer.

What (and where can I buy it or order it) is a good case for my droid 2 that isn't too bulky in size? No preference of type, I will just look into it when someone recommends one.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
The least bulky way to protect your phone is probably a transparent skin like Zagg Invisible Shield, Ghost Armor, or Wrapsol. Obviously, they also offer the least protection against drops.

I use an Otterbox Commuter Case myself, and find it to be an excellent compromise between bulkiness and protection. It only adds perhaps a few millimeters to the phone, and is the only case I know of that has protective plugs for the phone's ports.

OP
N

neal121

Reaction score
I decided on ordering the full protection from ghost armor - not the first time I have used their products so I know they are good.

I also ordered the otterbox case.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I decided on ordering the full protection from ghost armor - not the first time I have used their products so I know they are good.

I also ordered the otterbox case.

Are you planning to use both at once? I don't know if it will fit, but even if it does, it seems superfluous. Having said that, I do look forward to your reports!

mblossom

Reaction score
I need a HARD case for my D2. Right now am using an eyeglass case, which is fine, except it is longer than needed.

Are there any cases made for the D2 which are all around hard, in other words, you have to open the case to use the droid?

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
I need a HARD case for my D2. Right now am using an eyeglass case, which is fine, except it is longer than needed.

Are there any cases made for the D2 which are all around hard, in other words, you have to open the case to use the droid?

I'm sure you could find a box of some sort. But do yourself a favor, and look at the Otterbox line of products. They offer the best protection for the Droid 2 while still making the phone useable. Obviously bulkiness is not a factor for you.

Wish Qmadix made a Gel skin for the Droid 2 as they do for the Droid x

Ellyenne

Reaction score
The Otterbox looks OK, but I tried a hard case, and it won't fit in the desk dock or the car dock with the hard case. I use both of those every day.
I found an inexpensive cloth case from NiteIze. It has elastic sides, so it will expand to fit any phone without extra bulk. It has a strong belt clip, but it is landscape mode only. It has an extra pocket just large enough for a couple of credit cards. And, it has a full velcro cover. This works well to keep my phone at my side when I'm not in my car or at home. It keeps out the dust, but is not waterproof. I've worn it to work, hiking in the wilderness and tossed in my purse, and it has kept the phone from being scratched (and mostly clean).