Best Laptop under $1,300!?

dzone67

Reaction score
Must have an i7 Processor weigh less than 8 pounds and minimum 15 inch screen.

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Try an Alienware. You can customize your laptop from a selection of 4 different laptops. I recommend the M17X. 17 inch screen, rightside number pad, good looking, etc. www.alienware.com

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
Try an Alienware. You can customize your laptop from a selection of 4 different laptops. I recommend the M17X. 17 inch screen, rightside number pad, good looking, etc. www.alienware.com

Thanks, for your response. I've looked at the Alienware M17x, what do you think about the Vaio F series off best buy?

Last edited by a moderator:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Thanks, for your response. I've looked at the Alienware M17x, what do you think about the Vaio F series off best buy?

I haven't looked at the Viao F series. I'll look them up tomorrow and see if I can be of a little more help on those. Are there any certain aspects you're looking for, like HDD, RAM, etc.?

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score

Ram 8GB at least, yeah check it out and tell me of there's any laptops that can give it a challenge.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Ok, I looked at the Vaio Fs and they look like pretty good laptops. They comes stock with 6Gig RAM but I think I saw a customization option so you could probably bump that up to 8. I'm sure the F series has everything you need at a much cheaper price. I know, though, after I can get a good job and get me some moolah I'm goiing to buy me a custom M17X. Anyway, depending on what you're going to use it for, the Vaio would be good. One thing that draws me toward the Alienware is the options of a 1 Terabyte and a 1.5 Terabyte HDD. Which I could use. But like I said, depending on what you will be using it for, or doing on it, the Vaio will be good.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
Ok, I looked at the Vaio Fs and they look like pretty good laptops. They comes stock with 6Gig RAM but I think I saw a customization option so you could probably bump that up to 8. I'm sure the F series has everything you need at a much cheaper price. I know, though, after I can get a good job and get me some moolah I'm goiing to buy me a custom M17X. Anyway, depending on what you're going to use it for, the Vaio would be good. One thing that draws me toward the Alienware is the options of a 1 Terabyte and a 1.5 Terabyte HDD. Which I could use. But like I said, depending on what you will be using it for, or doing on it, the Vaio will be good.

Yeah I see man. Actually, best buy has it packing with a 750 GB hard drive and a 8GB ram. And from what I hear, the screen is just downright beautiful. Thanks for the help

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Ok, no problem. Glad I could be of a little bit of assistance, anyway. Hope you find exactly what you're looking for.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Look at the Dell XPS 15. I picked up a refurbished one for $909+ tax, retail price was about $1200 with the following specs: 2.0Ghz Quad core Core i7, 750GB HDD, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1300Mhz, 1GB Nvidia GT 525M Graphics card, Blu-ray drive, Full HD 1080p screen, Backbit Keyboard, Dualband Wifi-N (2.4 & 5Ghz range), and Bluetooth 3.0. It includes 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 HDMI out, 1 eSATA, 1 10/100/1000 Gigabit eathernet port and a Mini Display port.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
Look at the Dell XPS 15. I picked up a refurbished one for $909+ tax, retail price was about $1200 with the following specs: 2.0Ghz Quad core Core i7, 750GB HDD, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1300Mhz, 1GB Nvidia GT 525M Graphics card, Blu-ray drive, Full HD 1080p screen, Backbit Keyboard, Dualband Wifi-N (2.4 & 5Ghz range), and Bluetooth 3.0. It includes 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 HDMI out, 1 eSATA, 1 10/100/1000 Gigabit eathernet port and a Mini Display port.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sounds really good. How much does it weigh though? Give me your honest opinion on your computer. Pros and cons. Please and thank you.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It only weighs about 6lbs and is very fast. Battery life is amazing at about 5 hours just web browsing. Also the screen is bright even on the lowest setting.
The only con i can think of ATM is the wifi range. I was able to get a very minimal connection in my room with my 5 year old laptop but now i can t get one with this new laptop. You have to take in to account that the house i live in was built in the 50's and walls are made out of plaster over drywall.