Best home screen?

WiLL.I.aM 22

Reaction score
What would you guys say the best home screen version is? (i.e. GDE, panda home, open home, or default home, etc.)

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I'm using Home++ beta and have been really liking it. Granted, this is the only one I've used so far besides the default. :)

- Mega

Cyberman65

Reaction score
Well, I previously started with Open Home and liked it for a while. Later on while browsing the forums, I came across Home++ Beta. I downloaded it, and I'm enjoying it so far. So, I am currently using that now.

evilsock

Reaction score
ok love panda best yet but home++ may have potential, if u could change the icons itd be a seller, but the customization for a many app holder like me , like the long press on app for menu to edit icon , name, uninstall, those options are just far better. but if home plus is reading this, YO! hook it up bc its a touch smother, i am currently running panda and home++ to test , and so far panda has it. :icon_ banana:

adam8ch

Reaction score
I like Home++ and GDE. Home++ is definitely the best free replacement

GSteagall

Reaction score
Started with Open Home, liked it okay but transitioned to GDE. Found out about Home++ and I haven't even gone back to the other two. Depends on your preference, but like Adam said, I really think Home++ is the best free replacement.

shrugger

Reaction score
It's Home++ for me too. But, try them all out (uninstall the pay ones within 24 hours to get your money back). You'll find they all have a different feel to them- get the one that feels right to you.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
am currently running panda and home++ to test , and so far panda has it. :icon_ banana:
I'm pretty happy with Panda as well. It's been EXTREMELY stable and fast for me. Plus i like the idea of being able to use the free themes from aHome and openhome on it.

I'll eventually jump on GDE once it's all updated and running perfectly.

Krish

Reaction score
Im using Open home right now it gives me problems with the beautiful Home widget where the time keeps changing when i switch screens then changes back when i switch back to that screen.. iv tried Home++ i really like it but does anyone know if it can get the original droid theme because i like the notification bar and everything like in the orignal OS but i really like how smooth Home++ is

Jason

Reaction score
Im using Open home right now it gives me problems with the beautiful Home widget where the time keeps changing when i switch screens then changes back when i switch back to that screen.. iv tried Home++ i really like it but does anyone know if it can get the original droid theme because i like the notification bar and everything like in the orignal OS but i really like how smooth Home++ is
To get the Notification bar you just hold the notification button for 2 seconds and it wall stay there but to open the apps menu you have to use the Power strip

D3C4F

Reaction score
I used PandaHome but I wasn't a huge fan. Home++ really does it for me, plus it's free. There aren't any themes for it yet, but I hear talk of there being themes and such in the works. I'll eventually shell out the bones for GDE once it's as close to perfect as it can get. Until then, I'm all about Home++.