best home replacement for Droid X

kendeezy

Reaction score
hey everybody i am looking for a new home replacement on my droid x. I dont know how to root or anything yet so i am looking for a nice home replacement. i currently have a droid x running on 2.2. i tried launcher pro but i couldnt figure out how to add a direct message to contact on the home screen like i can on the original home. any suggestions?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ADW is also another good one. I like LP but they both work great..

OP
kendeezy

kendeezy

Reaction score
were you able to do the direct message widget on lp? because when i had it it wouldnt let me set one to the home screen. i believe that it wouldnt let me put a picture frame on the home screen probably because they are under the motorola widgets on the DX. Is there a home replacement that would allow these to work?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Moto stock widgets can be used with LP but some "resizing" is needed which is only available with the Plus version of LP.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for Launcher Pro...it fits seamlessly

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will represent ADW:) But I've used both and both work good. Different custom settings for both.

There is widget resizing for Launcher Pro Plus and some widgets that are made by the app.

And ADW has some Themes, some paid and some for free. There are not full Theme like you would install via Recovery, they just change icons and such.

OP
kendeezy

kendeezy

Reaction score
i read on here that some people were having problems with launcherproplus on their dx. smalltowngirl have you had any problems recently with it?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
A noob question. What is a theme?

A Theme is something designed by a dev to overlay the existing look of your phone. Such as changing the color (look) of widgets, icons, notification pull down blind, dialer, etc...

Look in the Theme section of this forum, lot of pic's.

Like this, credit to 928Droid>>>

Attachments

• Home Blur Theme.jpg
    Home Blur Theme.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 498

erict

Reaction score
A noob question. What is a theme?

A Theme is something designed by a dev to overlay the existing look of your phone. Such as changing the color (look) of widgets, icons, notification pull down blind, dialer, etc...

Look in the Theme section of this forum, lot of pic's.

Like this, credit to 928Droid>>>

Can themes be added to a stock phone running 2.1? If so, were do I get them?

I really like the one you used as an example.

akj27

Reaction score
How do you get themes to work on launcherpro? I have gone through all the settings and can't figure out how... lol

musicman

Reaction score
+1 for LP Pro. It is worth the extra $$ to upgrade to the pro version as well. I liked ADW also, but LP was just flawless. My advice, try ADW and LP out and keep the one you like.