Best EPUB reader on XOOM?

kennyc

Reaction score
Those of you using Aldiko, have you noticed any spots where text is missing? I use Aldiko on my china pad and also my Evo, just got my Xoom wifi thanks to a Staples manager who did an override and sold me one early:)

I installed Aldiko and imported the book I've been reading. I noticed right away the sentence on the bottom of the page would not match the top of the next page when flipping. Not sure if only a sentence is missing or a whole paragraph or even a page.

I've played around with font sizes and that didn't solve anything. Is this a common issue with a workaround or am I alone in having this problem?

Seems fine on mine. Is it a pdf or epub book?

mobius999

Reaction score
Those of you using Aldiko, have you noticed any spots where text is missing? I use Aldiko on my china pad and also my Evo, just got my Xoom wifi thanks to a Staples manager who did an override and sold me one early:)

I installed Aldiko and imported the book I've been reading. I noticed right away the sentence on the bottom of the page would not match the top of the next page when flipping. Not sure if only a sentence is missing or a whole paragraph or even a page.

I've played around with font sizes and that didn't solve anything. Is this a common issue with a workaround or am I alone in having this problem?

Seems fine on mine. Is it a pdf or epub book?

Epub. I tried a few, some that I got native as epub, some I converted with Calibre. Randomly chops off text. I did see vague reference to problems with Aldiko rendering on the Xoom on several forums, but nothing concrete, and certainly no solution yet.

I just went to the Nook app since it can side-load, but I miss Aldiko.

jensmith201

Reaction score
helppp

The instructions for side loading to an Android device are located here:

NOOK for Android - Help/FAQ - Barnes*&*Noble

Hope this helps.

Maybe I am just a total noob but I am having one hell of a time.. i have moved epub files to the "my documents" file within the Nook file and they won't load in the "my files" section of the Nook app.. what am i doing wrong?? I have been on the phone with Tech Support for the Nook app for like 40 minutes and they just keep telling me its not possible, then i explain it is on their website so that is clearly wrong and around and around we go.. someone PLEASE help.. thanks SOOO much!!!

kennyc

Reaction score

Hope this helps.

Maybe I am just a total noob but I am having one hell of a time.. i have moved epub files to the "my documents" file within the Nook file and they won't load in the "my files" section of the Nook app.. what am i doing wrong?? I have been on the phone with Tech Support for the Nook app for like 40 minutes and they just keep telling me its not possible, then i explain it is on their website so that is clearly wrong and around and around we go.. someone PLEASE help.. thanks SOOO much!!!

What O/S are you on? Are you getting any errors when you drag and drop the files?

Someone earlier was having an issue when trying to use xp (I believe)

jensmith201

Reaction score

Hope this helps.

What O/S are you on? Are you getting any errors when you drag and drop the files?

I am on Mac Snow Leopard.. There were no errors at all when dragging and dropping.. I followed the directions on the Barnes and Noble website EXACTLY and the ones listed on this forum as well...i did after MULTIPLE hours figure it out..

For those having the same problem..

After you drag and drop.. while the xoom is still connected to the computer, hit the refresh circle at the top right of the Xoom screen (while in the Nook app)... it should update from there.. do not do the refresh circle while in the "my files" screen (which is where I kept trying it from), as it will do nothing... it has to be done from the main app screen...

PS. Don't call Barnes and Noble Tech support either.. they were USELESS.

Thank you so much for your time in responding.. i really appreciate it.

kennyc

Reaction score

I am on Mac Snow Leopard.. There were no errors at all when dragging and dropping.. I followed the directions on the Barnes and Noble website EXACTLY and the ones listed on this forum as well...i did after MULTIPLE hours figure it out..

For those having the same problem..

After you drag and drop.. while the xoom is still connected to the computer, hit the refresh circle at the top right of the Xoom screen (while in the Nook app)... it should update from there.. do not do the refresh circle while in the "my files" screen (which is where I kept trying it from), as it will do nothing... it has to be done from the main app screen...

PS. Don't call Barnes and Noble Tech support either.. they were USELESS.

Thank you so much for your time in responding.. i really appreciate it.

Ah. Thanks for the follow up.