Best Buys Stores honoring New Every 2

souljerr

Reaction score
Hey folks -

Might be useful if we can start putting together a list of the Best Buys that say they are honoring the New Every 2 program. If your BB says they'll do it chime in.

J

JohnDroid

Hey folks -

Might be useful if we can start putting together a list of the Best Buys that say they are honoring the New Every 2 program. If your BB says they'll do it chime in.

Very interesting. I can't get a Droid early at my VZW store but I might be able to get one early at BB if I can trick one of them into selling me one :)

I can't do the New Every 2 so I have to buy mine outright anyway.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one near me in Huntington, Long Island said it will be honoring them, but the sales guy was kind of clueless, so I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it! (He actually said to me he had no idea how much the phone would finally be priced at, because "corporate hadn't let them know...")

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one near me in Huntington, Long Island said it will be honoring them, but the sales guy was kind of clueless, so I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it! (He actually said to me he had no idea how much the phone would finally be priced at, because "corporate hadn't let them know...")

Stated in another post, apparently they can change the pricing of the phone all the way until the day it actually comes out, i'm sure that's why they won't tell them about the pricing.

OP
souljerr

souljerr

Reaction score
Very interesting. I can't get a Droid early at my VZW store but I might be able to get one early at BB if I can trick one of them into selling me one :)

I can't do the New Every 2 so I have to buy mine outright anyway.

If you can trick them into giving you one early be sure to let us know what Jedi mind tricks you use. :D

Naut Human

Reaction score
Portland, OR-No Go. They did not even know how many they were getting in, what the price would be and if the instant rebate and NE2 would be involved in purchasing one. They sure were all about me dropping $50 to hold one though. Bunch of scammers imo.

tnomes1

Reaction score
Same here no new every 2 either, that will not stop me!

daelight

Reaction score
So Best Buy will not be honoring it the NE2 discount.

Can we agree this is the likely scenario?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mine doesn't. i think that's the general consensus. i think the stores that say they are have no idea what they are talking about.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It truely is a case by case basis. But i would side with sam more on this one, that most of the ones that said they will honor it, better be held it it. I would get it in writing from one of the managers on duty at the store so when they come back and say, hey we don't do that, then you can say well.. this guy says you do. (Not saying they would still honor it, but more likely they would)

OP
souljerr

souljerr

Reaction score
Just got back from my local BB. I asked about the Droid and got a blank stare. I ask if they do the NE2 since they've partnered with Verizon. "We don't do that but we can beat any of their prices. I explain the Droid is a new phone that is coming on Friday. "Oh, that phone. We're getting the phone but not doing that new 2 thing" Verizon here I come.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Just got back from my local BB. I asked about the Droid and got a blank stare. I ask if they do the NE2 since they've partnered with Verizon. "We don't do that but we can beat any of their prices. I explain the Droid is a new phone that is coming on Friday. "Oh, that phone. We're getting the phone but not doing that new 2 thing" Verizon here I come.

Don't Ya Just Love It ! Customer Service at it's Best.