best browser for droid

pyrofreak

Reaction score
what is the best browser to get for my droid or is the vzw/google one the best? i'm new to the droid phones and im just trying to make it as badass as possible. haha thanks:icon_ banana:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
what is the best browser to get for my droid or is the vzw/google one the best? i'm new to the droid phones and im just trying to make it as badass as possible. haha thanks:icon_ banana:
there are other threads that discuss this. and everybody is torn at the moment. there are 3 working browsers for Droid 2.0 : the stock google browser, DolphinBrowser, and Steel...

i prefer Dolphin because you can set up "gestures" for shortcuts to navigate... they're all free so you may as well try all of them :D

DaHarder

Reaction score
They're all pretty decent at this point, especially Steel and Dolphin - IMO, but...

For some reason, I find the most comfort in using the one built into the OS.

It's stable, functional, uncluttered, and works!

Happy DROIDing​

OP
pyrofreak

pyrofreak

Reaction score
yeah i tried all of them dolphin is pretty good but i think im gonna wait and see what comes maybe we'll get a flash player soon. :icon_eek: we can only wait. well i can cause i have no idea how to write code lol thanks guys

mudtoe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of these browsers allow you to set a proxy server? I've tried to find the setting in the default browser and in Dolphin, but I haven't fount it. I also haven't been able to find the config file for either of them in the hopes that a setting would be available there that wasn't in the GUI.

mudtoe

Nepherim

Reaction score
Also check out xScope, which has no ads, pinch-zoom, and is pretty fast. Doesn't look quite as polished as Dolphin though.

dbronstein

Reaction score
I like Dolphin because you can change the mode to desktop and get the full websites by default instead of being redirected to mobile sites and having to click through to get to the full ones.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I tried dolphin and i like it alot because of the multi-touch but for some reason i feel comfortable with the default browser

mbrown1253

Reaction score
I use Dolphin. I really like the pinch zoom and the tabs. I do feel more comfortable using the stock browser but what keeps me using Dolphin is that you can save any video you want from the internet, onto your phone. So websites such as youtube.com make this browser really nice.

benjr06

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of xScope in its current form. Its slow on my droid and doesn't always work properly.

I like dolphin, but for some reason it seems to pinch zoom sporadically; meaning it zooms even when i just want to scroll. Annoying.

The stock browser works but it could use gestures like dolphin and of course it'd be nice to have pinch/zoom if you need it.

Silver Member
Reaction score
for straight browsing, i think the default browser is perfect for what it does. the only feature i've seen in the other browsers that have mildly peaked my interest is the ability to download youtube videos.

OP
pyrofreak

pyrofreak

Reaction score
You know what id love to see is a verison of firefox made for the droid phones that would be downright amazing.

Kobra

Reaction score
I use the xScope browser as my default now. I have tried Dolphin and didn't like the sluggish pinch zoom at all. I like the stock browser just fine but hate that sometimes you can't zoom at all in on certain sites!

I use chrome exclusively at home and xScope it is very similar to chrome. I love the tabs and the pinch to zoom, and the exclusive pin zoom when holding the phone with one hand. If you have ever used an iphone or ipod touch the zoom is exactly like it, very smooth. The developer makes updates regularly (even posts here) and it's priced reasonably. Oh they have a trial version as well. So nothing to lose. I would suggest trying it.