Beautiful Widgets Time Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junetastic

Reaction score
The problem is time not updating. For instance, it stopped updating this morning at 11:23AM, and the time on the notification bar was about 12:52. It's been happening a lot recently, and my temporary solution is to reboot the Droid (annoying). There are times when the skin disappears and becomes completely transparent, and this problem usually accompanies the time-not-updating problem.

Any suggestions? Sweet widget when it's working properly.

Edit: It fixed itself somehow. I turned off the display for about the 50th time in an hour, and it happened to switch to landscape mode. Don't think switching to landscape mode is a fix, but it was pretty odd.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is time not updating. For instance, it stopped updating this morning at 11:23AM, and the time on the notification bar was about 12:52. It's been happening a lot recently, and my temporary solution is to reboot the Droid (annoying). There are times when the skin disappears and becomes completely transparent, and this problem usually accompanies the time-not-updating problem.

Any suggestions? Sweet widget when it's working properly.

Edit: It fixed itself somehow. I turned off the display for about the 50th time in an hour, and it happened to switch to landscape mode. Don't think switching to landscape mode is a fix, but it was pretty odd.

I've never had a problem like that with Beautiful Widgets. I would think that some other app may have something to do with it behaving like this.

How about trying an uninstall and reinstall (after a reboot) and see if that helps it out.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I've been having all sorts of trouble with BW the last couple days. Just randomly resetting itself to default widget settings (I don't care what its like in Paris)

Unselecting my Skins, FCs, you name it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps there is a problem with the app server. I've not had any issues on my phone.

Mike

Bigg 27

Reaction score
Do you use a home replacement? I am having the same issue and use launcherpro. I can go into the settings and restart it and it is fine. Restat the launcher i mean

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP do you have a task killer installed? If so remove it and see if that resolves your issue.

Mike

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you use a home replacement? I am having the same issue and use launcherpro. I can go into the settings and restart it and it is fine. Restat the launcher i mean

I'm having the same problem and I use LauncherPro as well. It seems to be when I have it on the Seidio Multimedia Dock. Sometimes it's fine and then it freezes. I could get it to freeze if I turned the Droid off while in the dock and let it turn itself on. I presumed that the time was pulled from the phone itself, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I'm having the stuck time issue now too. Both using ADW and the launcher that came with UD3.5.

My temperatures are off again as well. Ready to give up on BW.

warrior21

Reaction score
Same issue with both my phone and my wifes. It works well for a while and then the time freezes up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JoseJones

Reaction score
I have a DROID X and i'm having the same issue. and yes, it's super annoying, showing off your awesome new phone and having people point out that it's 4:30 not 1:26.

SO ANNOYING. I'm also using Launcher Pro... someone mentioned un-installing my app/task killer. Does that solve it, has anyone had success with that? But then, how am I going to kill all those random apps that start running for no apparent reason? (what's with that btw)

anyway..please help us fix this issue, because I love the look of the home clock so much, has anyone contacted federico (maker of the app?)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a DROID X and i'm having the same issue. and yes, it's super annoying, showing off your awesome new phone and having people point out that it's 4:30 not 1:26.

SO ANNOYING. I'm also using Launcher Pro... someone mentioned un-installing my app/task killer. Does that solve it, has anyone had success with that? But then, how am I going to kill all those random apps that start running for no apparent reason? (what's with that btw)

anyway..please help us fix this issue, because I love the look of the home clock so much, has anyone contacted federico (maker of the app?)

This thread is about Beautiful Widgets time issue. It doesn't seem that you are talking about Beautiful Widgets which is a paid app from the Market Place.

However if you are talking about Beautiful Widgets then what you should do is uninstall it and reinstall as recommended in the last update.

There is an on going discussion on this here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...iful-widgets-weather-i-wish-were-true-20.html

If your issue is not about Beautiful Widgets feel free to start another thread. This one I'm going to close up.

Status
Not open for further replies.