Bbym matching costco bundle?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The title says it all, I am going tomorrow to get a bionic for me and my wife, and I want to know if anyone has had luck with this, I would just get it outright from costco but half is going on my bb credit card.

So if no one responds by then I will let you know if I was able to get it or not. I remember people saying you could

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Danorexic

Reaction score
It may depend upon the manager's discretion for your local store. Generally my store won't price match Costco since it's considered a wholesale store and has membership fees.

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
alright, well lets hope, I know I can get the deal at costco online w/out a membership so... maybe that will play in my favor. and I'm buying two of them...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Someone on here told me they would.

I'd be interested to see if they did.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pyroelite

Reaction score
Uh it would actually be worth paying $50 to sign up for a membership cuz you would save $20 each on the phones & get the very nice accessories that are def worth it (lol & you still get to shop there for a yr). Plus 90 day return policy. Also keep in mind Costco only takes AMEX for credit, dbt or check...

P.s. My Costco AMEX card nets me at least $200 a yr on the rebate check...

& the only reason I've ever gone do best buy is to fondle gadgets... & then promptly buy them online for cheaper & no tax. ;-)

Last edited:
OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Uh it would actually be worth paying $50 to sign up for a membership cuz you would save $20 each on the phones & get the very nice accessories that are def worth it (lol & you still get to shop there for a yr). Plus 90 day return policy. Also keep in mind Costco only takes AMEX for credit, dbt or check...

P.s. My Costco AMEX card nets me at least $200 a yr on the rebate check...

& the only reason I've ever gone do best buy is to fondle gadgets... & then promptly buy them online for cheaper & no tax. ;-)

I have a membership the executive level actually. And there is no way I can get an amex now. Hence the reason I am trying to get bbym to match the Costco bundle.

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
My local BB didnt even have Moto branded Bionic accessories when I went in the other day. *shrugs*

Well I guess if I can at least get them to match the price of the phone and throw in maybe a zagg shield or something, the costcos near me don't evej have the bionic right now. :shrug: and aren't sure when they will get more.

Guess I will find out later after work.

pyroelite

Reaction score
I'd say just keep working them, play hardball & try not to settle. That is if the mobile area functions like the
TVs - my brother chiseled them into honoring an online price for a TV on some site & for them to match the PS3 accessory bundle offered by Costco, so it's possible... Good luck

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Local BB's in my area won't price match at all. COSTCO is absolutely worth the membership fees. They have great sales on all kinds of stuff and have really good food stuffs as well.

Anyway, good luck.

Danorexic

Reaction score
Well I guess if I can at least get them to match the price of the phone and throw in maybe a zagg shield or something, the costcos near me don't evej have the bionic right now. :shrug: and aren't sure when they will get more.

Guess I will find out later after work.

It may be worth a shot but BBY's price-match policy generally requires that the store they're matching have the items in stock. Also, I don't believe bundles are covered under price-match either. Unless BBYM's policies differ from the rest of the store. Not trying to be a downer, just letting you know why they might decline the match.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It may be worth a shot but BBY's price-match policy generally requires that the store they're matching have the items in stock. Also, I don't believe bundles are covered under price-match either. Unless BBYM's policies differ from the rest of the store. Not trying to be a downer, just letting you know why they might decline the match.

They also want the store to be within a certain distance from them.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have tried to get my BBY to match a Sam's price on a camera. My BBY told me they do not match warehouse clubs because the cost to join makes BBY price cheaper. When I told them Sam's was $75 cheaper on the same camera and my membership was $35 a year, I would take the $40 mark down to get my BBY reward points. NO DICE!