BB v.0.6.1 Battery Life... Unbelievable!

Beardface

Reaction score
I made a similar thread earlier talking about how the battery life on the new versions was disappointing, and boy was I wrong. I was so wrong that I had to make a new thread to basically make up for it.

I was getting about 16 hours of battery life on BBv0.5, which itself ended up being a bit buggy over the last couple months. Installed BBv0.6 two nights ago, fully charged it overnight, and let it drain to see how it would do. I got 21 hours out of it with normal use, overclocked to 1.1mHz, and it still didn't fully drain. Probably could have gotten a full day out of it, but I wanted to drop 0.6.1 on it, so I charged it up and installed it. (on a side note, I did not do a data and cache wipe, and the phone is doing just fine. And I do not notice a difference between Chevy's 1.1mHz kernal and the stock 800Hz kernal with BBv0.6.1, so I'm sure the battery life will be even more impressive now)

All in all, very well done, Pete. You continue to impress!

dt_

Reaction score
So which kernel did you get the epic battery life with?

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
So which kernel did you get the epic battery life with?

Chevy's 1.1mHz ulv

I think there was one or two instances when I did get a FC with it yesterday (could have been earlier this week with BBv0.5, using the same kernal and I did get it to hang up a few times a day), but the battery life had me floored. It was 40% when I went to bed, and I watched it change from 40% to 30% when I was using it after I woke up. At about hour 21, it went to 15%, so I went ahead and charged it back up.

fullmetal509

Reaction score
I having issues with my battery life.
My droid has been struggling to last longer. I get from a full battery to a half of it within 5 hours!.
I have wiped battery cache and followed that method. Running stock bugless beast beast v6.1 kernel. Don't know what to do at this point than just buy a new battery. Any help or recommendations?
Kinda desparete at this moment lol.

Ps. Srry for my grammer!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

RashAPu

Reaction score
This is real talk, on .05 I would get the same as OP, but now..lordy. I let my Mom use my charger so I left my phone unplugged overnight, woke up..STILL 90%. Pete....you are the ****. Amazing programmer!

dt_

Reaction score
My droid has been struggling to last longer. I get from a full battery to a half of it within 5 hours!.
I have wiped battery cache and followed that method. Running stock bugless beast beast v6.1 kernel. Don't know what to do at this point than just buy a new battery. Any help or recommendations?

Ps. Srry for my grammer!

Have you tried other ROMs and kernels?

fullmetal509

Reaction score
Tried different variety or roms and kernels but they all give me the same results.
Have basic settings off
Wifi off when not needed
Gps off
30% level brightness
Etc.

Either replacing with a new battery or also buying a charger cable(original got stolen, using an lg charger)

M

MrBlippy

Ps. Srry for my grammer!

Likewise, I have been struggling to reach the same battery efficiency I was having with BB v0.5. I am even using the 800Mhz 'stock' kernel with BB v0.6.1 whereas I was using a Chevy 1Ghz LV with BB v0.5. Even using the same Chevy kernel with BB v0.6.1 has resulted in even poorer battery life.

Looks like I'm going to have to begin a new 'perfect' kernel search so I can last through my typical work day.

fullmetal509

Reaction score
I have twice and and still have poor results. Done the following steps:

1.Fully charge
2.Boot into recovery, reset batt cache
3.Reboot and then discharge completely
4. Let it charge completely again.

Something I did wrong?

Shanged

Reaction score
Also updated to 0.6.1 and am loving the battery life. I'm seeing ~20 hours of usable life out of my phone using the stock kernel, which is actually much improved over stock for me recently. I have also been impressed with the responsiveness of the latest BB, I almost never shout at my phone for bogging down anymore! ha. Awesome job Pete. I've only been using Bugless for a few weeks now, but I'm definitely sold. Glad we OG Droid users have you on our side.

floyd

Reaction score
A new battery is only $5 or so on Amazon. After about 8 months mine was quickly discharging below 40%. The new battery is great. Well worth it. Agree battery life is better on 0.6.