BB Updater App

Reaction score
BB Updater ADDED THEMES FOR V.3

Version 0.5.1 release: Enables experimental roms and themes to be displayed automatically for new users (although you still need to update the featured them servers). If you were having trouble viewing froyo themes either uninstall and reinstall with the newest version or go to your bbupdater (root of sd)>data and delete the files in it. and then follow the instructions in the .5 release to update the featured theme servers below

Version .5 release:
Themes tab actually functions now. To use the themes tab go to configuration>Theme Update Settings>Manage Theme Servers>
Press the Menu Button and press Update Featured Theme Servers and then go back to the theme tab and check for updates
Edit: Community Ported themes will be listed as experimental so you will have to set your settings accordingly to view them
EDIT: Froyo roms now have themes. They are listed as experimental so you will have to adjust your settings accordingly.
If you dont see a theme you like that you know works post a link to it and I will add it

I've taken the CM Updater source and edited it to work for Bugless Beast so that everyone can have an easy way to update. I know rom manager is out there which is an easy way too but as I learn more about how things work I'm going to incorporate more things into the app. And all of its free.

To be able to download the froyo releases you will have to go into configuration>rom update settings> Display Experimental Roms and Display all rom Updates

You will have to manually check for updates as of now until I figure out why its not checking on its own.

Screens:
6JrY4h.jpg

dcqHwh.jpg

XodhIh.jpg

So search: bb updater or scan the barcode below
xS9BC.png

If you would like to you can donate below. Its alright if you don't though too :D

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not using BB right now but nice work.

yusky03

Reaction score
It would be kool if you added an Overclocking Kernel button too. Also added the fully supported Froyo themes from here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/48478-official-unofficial-themes-thread.html

So as an example I could download the BB v0.2, the Froyo Smoked Glass Theme, and ChevyNo1's 1.1Ghz ultra-low V 7slot Kernel and install it in one go. Because I was having big problems doing it manually last night. I don't know what I was doing wrong but that's for another thread.

OP
S
Reaction score
i uploaded a smoked glass version of bugless beast. ill add other ones tonight.

once i figure out how to get the themes section working right they will be delivered that way.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent work! I love it.
I'll be using it more at home or anyother place I have Wifi. I think it would take some time using a straight 3G connection.

OP
S
Reaction score
Excellent work! I love it.
I'll be using it more at home or anyother place I have Wifi. I think it would take some time using a straight 3G connection.
yeah using wifi is def a lot faster but 3g works in a pinch.

I also fixed the change logs on the roms to read better

Split630

Reaction score
I'm running BB0.2.1, and I was wondering if there is a way to get the expiramental ROM, or whatever the current ROM is, to be the default on the home page? Ya know, rather than go through the drop down. I know thats super lazy, but just asking, thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

B3y0ndD34th

Reaction score
EFFING GENIUS I will install it RIGHT now, normally I flash my roms myself, and this... should make it easier. Also like the fact you've included a link to the themes.

Only think I can think of that it needs is a back up option for SPRecovery just click it and specify a name for quick back up before downloading. Other than that I think you've included EVERYTHING I need ^^

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm running BB0.2.1, and I was wondering if there is a way to get the expiramental ROM, or whatever the current ROM is, to be the default on the home page? Ya know, rather than go through the drop down. I know thats super lazy, but just asking, thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
starting with the next bb release I will probably have them sorted by release date so It should show .2.1 first and then .2 second etc

Smetchie

Reaction score
all contacts are gone

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I lost all my contacts. I've already tried importing from SD card but I get an error message. It's not just that the contacts aren't displayed. They are all gone. I can't search by anyone by name. I have shortcuts for some contacts on my home page. When I go to those the numbers and emails are all gone. It just says "unknown." Can anyone help? I've searched for this problem already and tried every suggestion I found but nothing has worked.