BB Script Helper

bdholsin

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a customized script in the BB Toolbox Script Helper? In other words, if I want the script to change my bootanimation all I'd have to do is use the script rather than open a terminal emulator and type:
su
cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip

Haroldm814

Reaction score
Ok here's what I did.

Download GScript Lite from the market.

Create a new script with this in it:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cp /system/media/bootanimation /sdcard/boot_animation/bootanimation_backup.zip
dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanimation.zip
reboot

Make sure the bootanimation.zip you want is in the root of your SD Card.
It
1) Makes a backup of your old boot animation (Just in case)
2) Copies the one you want to put on
3) Reboots the phone.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BB toolkit already has a switchboot script, just put the boot animation you want on the root of your sd card, name it bootanimation.zip, then run switchboot from the bb toolkit. No need to make a script.

OP
B

bdholsin

Reaction score
BB toolkit already has a switchboot script, just put the boot animation you want on the root of your sd card, name it bootanimation.zip, then run switchboot from the bb toolkit. No need to make a script.

Ahhh, that's what the switchboot script is for. That makes sense. Thanks!

Haroldm814

Reaction score

true but does it make a backup?

also, I didn't see that feature but I was looking for an app that let me make custom scripts anyway =]

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

also, I didn't see that feature but I was looking for an app that let me make custom scripts anyway =]

switchboot pulls your old boot animation and puts it on your sd card and installs your new one

Haroldm814

Reaction score

switchboot pulls your old boot animation and puts it on your sd card and installs your new one

blah well whatever I'm gonna keep using my script just cuz I took the time to write it haha.

Maybe it'll help someone else down the road later :)