BB Boot Loop.

purplejokr

Reaction score
Here goes...

My rooted Droid got caught in a boot loop after I overclocked my processor. Evidently, where I set it is unstable. So, I booted to SPR, tried to restore my backup but now the phone is stuck on the "M" screen.

I can still boot into SPR which I figure will play a big role in resolving this issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

hlt123

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when I tried installing with the 10 slot 1.3 ghz kernel. I restored to an earlier install, then used the 1.2 instead of 1.3 ghz kernel. Hope this helps!

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Installed this rom on two droids and both have problems, bootloop on one and will not power off even after getting into phone, other one lost contacts after two days. And yes when the bootloop fun begins it does not matter if you wipe and reinstall it just keeps comming back.

hlt123

Reaction score
Installed this rom on two droids and both have problems, bootloop on one and will not power off even after getting into phone, other one lost contacts after two days. And yes when the bootloop fun begins it does not matter if you wipe and reinstall it just keeps comming back.

Saw this here:
The bootloop most people are experiencing is from using a custom ringtone for sd card notifications. Turning them off or using a system tone for the sd card notifications seems to fix this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nedaroth

Reaction score

Saw this here:
The bootloop most people are experiencing is from using a custom ringtone for sd card notifications. Turning them off or using a system tone for the sd card notifications seems to fix this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks hlt, i will give that ago, and i do infact use custom ringtones.

OP
P

purplejokr

Reaction score

elninost0rm

Reaction score
A bug in the program, but apparently if you put your cursor to the end of the file path for the update, add a blank space, and then remove it, the update button will become active. YMMV but I've heard it works sometimes.

OP
P

purplejokr

Reaction score
A bug in the program, but apparently if you put your cursor to the end of the file path for the update, add a blank space, and then remove it, the update button will become active. YMMV but I've heard it works sometimes.

Tried this and no change.

thooten

Reaction score
Try moving the update file to the root of your hard drive (C:\). The path is may be too long for the program to recognize.

OP
P

purplejokr

Reaction score
Try moving the update file to the root of your hard drive (C:\). The path is may be too long for the program to recognize.

Tried that too. Thanks for all of your tips and help but it appears that my droid is officially bricked. :icon_evil:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
running rsd as administrator? (if on vista or win7)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
64 bit or 32 bit? i keep hearing of people with 64 bit having lots of problems...