BB .2.1 no ability to download from market

alitke

Reaction score
Ok so I posted this before but no one had any idea.

Looking to see if anyone has found a solution yet that maybe they have not posted. If I download anything after BB V.1 my market will launch but will NOT download a single app. I literally mean that I cannot download a SINGLE application. It will start the download go to install and then BOOM say install unsuccessful. I have wiped, I have reinstalled, I have cleared the market cache and NOTHING. I simply cannot update past V.1

Last edited by a moderator:
G

G8GT594

Ok so I posted this before but no one had any idea.

Looking to see if anyone has found a solution yet that maybe they have not posted. If I download anything after BB V.1 my market will launch but will NOT download a single app. I literally mean that I cannot download a SINGLE application. It will start the download go to install and then BOOM say install unsuccessful. I have wiped, I have reinstalled, I have cleared the market cache and NOTHING. I simply cannot update past V.1

Having the same issue as well. Anyone have any ideas!?

rob22202

Reaction score
Just a thought....check to see if the apps you are trying to install already exist on your SD card in .android_secure from a previous install. That is where apps2sd apps are installed and a wipe of boot/system/data/cache does not seem to delete the files in that directory. If they are already there, delete them, clear market cache, try again.

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
None of this has helped yet.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
Have tried that also.

cmacon888

Reaction score
Pretty much having the same problem here, the only difference is I was able to download "Air Control" & "3-point Shootout 3D"

phatneff

Reaction score
Nobody can seem to answer this question/issue, as I continue to have the same issue using BB 1.1.

bdholsin

Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I suspect that BB .2.x is still in a bit of a "beta" (for no better term) phase right now and isn't quite ready to be available in ROM manager.

If someone has better information, please, by all means, correct me.

pnhst

Reaction score
This happens to me on random apps (aldiko, google maps, other random stuff) and sometimes I retry and it works others I it fails. I bet it has to do with app2sd..

cmacon888

Reaction score
I fixed mine. I'm not sure exactly what did it but I changed from the bugless beat rom to the chevy, then used CLOCKWORK to wipe and do a factory reset instead of rom manager. It runs the risk of un-rooting your phone when you do it like that but I'd rather have that problem then not being able to download.

P!X3L

Reaction score
having this same issue too. also on BB 0.2.1. Trying to figure it out now. seems to be something to do with the sd...

P!X3L

Reaction score
seems it was just an intermittent market/google problem. I think the auto update feature is taking its toll on the market. tough to update 250,000 phones automagically all at once.