BB 0.4 - Smoked glass - Round Battery?

Samiam564

Reaction score
lame,
well can i just install this over my current smoked theme without getting any lag or anything?
and if not, is there an update.zip method for just changing the battery?

I just installed it over the smoked blue theme and it seems to be doing just fine... I would make a back up just in case tho!

alm0614

Reaction score
The only thing i changed is the round battery.. if you want to keep your current theme but add the round battery, just download which ever one you want from the link i posted above, go into the framework-res.apk and under drawable-hdpi find the battery images (stat_sys_100 or something similar to that) and just replace them from my theme to your theme

mkraffert

Reaction score
Anyone know if the round battery will work on 0.4? I had it running on 1.0... not sure if it's been put out for 0.4 yet. Thanks in advance...

if you can wait till tonight, I will post a smoked glass with the round battery in the form of an update.zip

what color battery icon were you looking for? the one i use is green for 100-80-60 then orange for 40 yellow for 20 and red for 10

there are a lot of other colors so just lemme know what you want and ill have an update.zip for you tonight

I want that one! :)

mkraffert

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I tried applying this to Sapphire 0.8.4 with the 'Smoked Glass No Fonts' theme and it seems to have worked fine. The only 'kink' is the background on my Beautiful Home widget changed. I tried reapplying it but no effect. The good thing is I like the way the background changed better than the background I had so it's a double win!!

EDIT: Update - Not so much. Phone now has little quirks. Nothing horrible, but some screens look strange sometimes depending on how you navigate to them. It's stable but quirky. I'm going to restore my Sapphire backup. And yes, quirky is a technical term! :)

Last edited:

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Here is SG with Round battery in different colors. The choices are Red, Green, White, Blue, and then one that is green for 100-80-60 orange for 40-20 and red for 10

Round Battery Themes

PM me if you wanna donate, we are no longer allowed donate links in our sig

install via update.zip

PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP FIRST, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE

Enjoy ;)

The multicolored one os no tabs.yay.

Last edited:

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Lol I tried to ninjamorph the green round battery meter over nextheme today and framework freaked out, fc'd rebooted, bootlooped it sucked, .... is there a way that it will work?

ACalcutt

Reaction score
is there a way that it will work?

Pull your framework-res.apk and add the .png's manually, it never fails

How put what would I use to get it all back in apk form? Sorry can't be that hard I assume

I use WinRAR, but a lot of people also like 7Zip

Just open framework-res.apk with a zip editor (don't extract it...just edit it) and add the files you want into it.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Hmmm ok, here's how I did it.
Copied framework-res.apk to sd. Opened with 7zip. Dragged the 14 .png for the battery meter to the open 7zip window. Copied and pasted/overwrote apk back in system/framework...... Reboot, looped . :(

alm0614

Reaction score
the png's have to go in a specific folder in the framework-res.apk

look in the file you downloaded, they have to be in that same named folder in your framework